Forward Deployed Software Engineer
We're seeking a spirited Forward Deployed Software Engineer to join our mission of revolutionizing the ION Factory OS for next-gen hardware creators. As a full-time addition at our lively Los Angeles, CA HQ (Downtown), you'll play a crucial role in our dynamic engineering team.
Fired up to support eVTOLs, rockets, robots, and autonomous vehicles makers? Our team is all about backing companies tackling humanity's boldest challenges. Join our diverse squad, renowned for quick learning, sharp thinking, and agile execution.
While spontaneous ping pong duels might occur, our primary focus is on empowering ION customers with cutting-edge data infrastructure. Ready to make an impact on hardware and Industry 4.0? Let's dive in!
Responsibilities & Duties
- Write clean, scalable, and easily maintainable code across the stack
- Collaborate with customers to understand their most pressing problems and develop intillegent solutions
- Apply your creativity, technical expertise, and problem-solving skills to drive real-world impact
- Work in small teams, taking ownership of end-to-end execution of high-stakes projects
- Develop custom web apps, wrangle large-scale data, and establish strategies for your team
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- Experience shipping production quality code in React and Python
- Strong engineering background in fields like Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, Physics, or Data Science
- Ability to collaborate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals in dynamic environments
- Willingness to travel up to 25% to customer sites as needed. This role is based at our Los Angeles HQ.
Preferred Qualifications & Skills
- Experience or curiosity in working with large-scale data to solve customer-facing problems
- Entrepreneurial spirit or aspirations to be an engineering leader
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, startup-like atmosphere
- Familiarity with data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, and front-end frameworks
Benefits & Perks
- Health Insurance; medical, vision, dental, & life insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Team outings, group lunches, an open office, happy hours
- Paid holidays, sick days
- Flexible Friday and PTO
First Resonance is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce.
JOIN THE TEAM AND INSPIRE THE WORK
First Resonance accelerates the speed and reliability of hardware development for companies manufacturing the next generation of hardware products. This includes electric airplanes, autonomous vehicles, robotics, and more. We are a group of software, hardware, and manufacturing engineers that are bringing the best of modern UX and data science to an industry that has been overly rigid in its innovation. We are removing the barriers preventing radical advancement by providing tools to manufacturing engineers and operators to move information more freely, collaborate with their teams more easily, and use the power of data to predict problems and provide insights that result in better hardware quality and delivery.
Something looks off?