Inbound Business Development Representative
The Inbound Business Development Representative role is the first of its kind at Grata. This role uniquely intersects marketing and sales. You will be responsible for handling and qualifying all marketing-generated leads, rapidly learning from our buyers in the process. Although this role sits in Marketing (reporting to the Director of Marketing), success could translate to a career in marketing, sales, or other commercial functions at Grata.
- Receive and manage a diverse range of leads generated from marketing activities.
- Engage with leads via phone, email, social, and other communication channels to qualify their intent and potential.
- Collaborate closely with Account Executives to ensure a smooth handover of qualified leads and gather feedback on the outcome of initial meetings.
- Continuously update and maintain accurate records of lead interactions and progress within HubSpot.
- Actively gather intelligence from prospect conversations and recommend strategies, tactics, and messaging to drive growth.
- Collaborate with the Growth team to create scalable marketing experiences that nurture and warm prospects.
- This is an ideal starting point for a career in marketing or sales as you will be exposed to critical processes in addition to being able to learn from our buyers firsthand.
- Previous experience in a sales or customer-facing role ideal. Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and respond to a high volume of leads in a timely manner.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to ensure efficient lead management and follow-up.
- Collaborative mindset, with the ability to work closely with cross-functional teams.
- Familiarity with CRM systems and proficiency in using technology tools to manage and track lead interactions.
- Results-oriented approach, driven to achieve and exceed targets.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to think creatively.
Grata is the first search engine for company discovery, providing a single source of truth to find small to middle market private companies. We are developing cutting-edge search technology leveraging NLP and ML to automate the B2B research process on millions of small and medium businesses in the U.S. We’ve recently experienced significant growth and raised capital from top investors who built Google and transformed the finance industry.
When we find the right person, we strive to put our best foot forward with an offer we hope you find compelling. Actual compensation packages at the time of offers are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including, but not limited to: what you’d like to be paid, the skills/experience you bring and any role-dependent factors such as software expertise, what similar jobs pay in the NYC area, and our commitment to equal pay for equal work among those you’ll be working with. The compensation for this role is targeted at $60,000-70,000, plus equity and variable pay based on goals and quota attainment. Transparency is a core value at Grata, and we welcome direct conversations with each candidate about compensation in all of our initial calls.
Grata is committed to building an inclusive, equitable, and diverse organization. We embrace equal opportunity for all applicants and seek to foster a culture of belonging for our employees. We recognize and appreciate that the more inclusive we are, the better we will function as a team. Grata welcomes qualified applicants of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or family status, disability, military veteran status, and any other status or background.