Senior DevOps Engineer
- At Grata we are looking for an experienced Senior DevOps Engineer to join our dynamic team. The ideal candidate will play a crucial role in designing, implementing, and maintaining the DevOps processes and tools that facilitate efficient and reliable software delivery. As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams to streamline our development and operational processes, ensuring high-quality, scalable, and secure solutions.
About the Role:
- Design, implement, and maintain scalable, automated infrastructure using infrastructure as code (IaC) tools.
- Collaborate with development and operations teams to understand their requirements and optimize the CI/CD pipeline.
- Implement and manage containerization and orchestration solutions (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes).
- Automate deployment, monitoring, and maintenance processes to ensure system stability and performance.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in development, testing, and production environments.
- Implement security best practices and ensure compliance with industry standards.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to own and see projects through completion.
- As a key member of our dynamic team, you will play a crucial role in collaborating closely with various departments, fostering a culture of continuous improvement and innovation.
- Work towards the broader objectives of the company, including but not limited to improving software delivery speed, enhancing system reliability, and ensuring robust security measures.
- Your efforts will directly impact the overall success and competitiveness of the organization by driving technological advancements and operational excellence.
- This position requires a proactive and collaborative approach, as you will be instrumental in implementing cutting-edge solutions that align with our strategic goals.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- 5+ years of proven experience as a DevOps Engineer or in a similar role.
- Solid experience with AWS cloud services.
- Deep understanding of cloud architecture best practices and principles.
- Strong experience with containerization and orchestration tools Docker, Kubernetes
- Proficient in Python, Bash, Groovy
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD pipelines and version control systems: GitHub, GitHub Actions, Jenkins
- Knowledge of infrastructure as code (IaC) principles and tools like Terraform and Helm
- Solid experience with monitoring and logging tools (Datadog, New Relic, Splunk, or similar)
- Working experience with modern network topologies and cyber security best practices.
- Experience working with project management tools like Jira or Confluence
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience with on-call support platforms such as Opsgenie or PagerDuty
- Based in New York City or willing to relocate, and open to a hybrid working environment requiring at least 3 days in-office per week.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with microservices architecture.
- Experience working with Snowflake, Databricks, Airflow
- Working knowledge of high level languages (Java, GoLang)
- Experience with SSO tools like Okta
- Knowledge of SOC2 compliance controls and tools such as Vanta
- Experience with data technologies along with administration, optimization, and migrations (RDS Postgres, Mongo, Elasticsearch)
Perks & Benefits at Grata:
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Flexible Work Location policy: all employees are given a bank of time (up to 14 weeks!) of working remotely
- Medical, dental, vision plans: we offer plans with 100% coverage of premiums for employees
- 12 weeks of parental leave
- Stock options for all of our employees
- Equity Commuter benefits
- Company-sponsored lunch through Grubhub on a weekly basis
- Dog-friendly office
Grata is the first search engine for company discovery, providing a single source of truth to find small to middle market private companies. We are developing cutting-edge search technology leveraging NLP and ML to automate the B2B research process on millions of small and medium businesses in the U.S. We’ve recently experienced significant growth and raised capital from top investors who built Google and transformed the finance industry.
When we find the right person, we strive to put our best foot forward with an offer we hope you find compelling. Actual compensation packages at the time of offers are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including, but not limited to: what you’d like to be paid, the skills/experience you bring and any role-dependent factors such as software expertise, what similar jobs pay in the NYC area, and our commitment to equal pay for equal work among those you’ll be working with. The compensation range for this role is targeted at $165,000-$185,000, plus equity. Transparency is a core value at Grata, and we welcome direct conversations with each candidate about compensation in all of our initial calls.
Grata is committed to building an inclusive, equitable, and diverse organization. We embrace equal opportunity for all applicants and seek to foster a culture of belonging for our employees. We recognize and appreciate that the more inclusive we are, the better we will function as a team. Grata welcomes qualified applicants of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or family status, disability, military veteran status, and any other status or background.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States. At this time, we are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa.