Harmonic is using data and AI to map the world of startups. When companies are first formed, they’re invisible to the world. We help those who serve them find them first, to provide the right capital, products and talent at the right time.
Today, we’re honored to have some of the leading firms and companies depend on harmonic.ai as their source of startup data. Firms like Accel, NEA, Brex, Notion, and Google Ventures to connect startups with the capital and resources that they need to drive growth. We’re backed by some of the best investors too, who started their journey with us as customers: Craft, Sozo, Floodgate, and Index’s scout fund (~$30M raised 💰).
We believe that your rate of learning and improving is more important than where you are today. And we invite you to reach out if you’re driven, curious, optimistic, and passionate about mastering your craft, regardless of your background!
Before reading further, take a look at our cultural values and see if it resonates with you!
You will work directly on the technology stack that enables our customers to discover startups. Your work will have a direct impact on revenue, customer engagement, and the overall customer experience. Our culture is one of low ego, obsession, curiosity, and collaboration. We value hard work and getting things done quickly. If this sounds like a good fit for you, apply now!
What you will do
- Influence and execute the overall vision of Harmonic’s offerings by collaborating with Product & Design to create products that help customers discover startups.
- Translate the needs of our customers by deeply understanding their needs and innovating our product features and services to exceed their expectations, ultimately enhancing their experience.
- "Get Shit Done" by working on every layer of our stack, proactively troubleshooting, and solving any issues that stand in the way of our customers gaining maximum value from our product.
- Track record of building highly performant, highly observable, and highly scalable systems
- 5+ years of experience building scalable frontend and backend systems
- Able to work across disciplines with the minimum process to organize work and create predictability in an unpredictable space
- Have experience taking the lead in planning and executing the development roadmap for software projects
- 2+ years of experience in an early-stage startup
- Experience designing and implementing GraphQL APIs on top of large data sources
- Experience implementing web applications that manage large amounts of data
- Obsessed about your craft and share your knowledge (tech talks, articles, open source, side projects, etc.)
- Experience working in Python/strongly typed languages
$150k-$220k Salary + Equity depending on the level
We despise the typical software engineering interview process because it does not align with our day-to-day work. We structured our interview process around pragmatism. Expect us to ask questions closely aligned with the work we expect you to do.
Here’s our interview process:
- (30 mins) Chat about the role: Let's talk about the role and whether this is a good mutual fit. If it is clear early on it is not going to work, we can make the call shorter.
- Take-home test.
- (30 min) Chat about culture: Let's talk about whether Harmonic is the right place for you or not
- (45 mins) Call with Product partner: See if we would collaborate well.
- (4 Hours) Follow up on take-home: Detailed discussion of the take-home and digging in deeper to measure technical skills. This will involve coding with 2-3 engineers on our team. We will pay for your time.
- (30 mins) Call with our CEO: Meet our CEO and ask questions about the company.
- (Async) Referrals check.
- (1+ day) Dinner: Let's get to know each other over dinner. We can only get to know each other so much through video calls. We believe this is a critical hire and believe this investment is necessary. Flight and housing (if needed) are covered.
- 🩺 Top of the line health, dental and vision insurance, with 100% premium covered
- 📈 401k matching
- 🌴 Unlimited vacation and sick leave
- 🌍 Fully-distributed, work from anywhere