Data Operations Lead
Harmonic is using data and AI to map the world of startups. When companies are first formed, they’re invisible to the world. We’ve created the only complete startup database, enabling the right investments to reach the right entrepreneurs at the right moment. We cover founders who’ve just filed for incorporation to scaleups hiring their go-public CFO, all in real-time with rich firmographic, team info, and time-series data.
Hundreds of venture teams have become data-driven and deployed their dollars more effectively thanks to Harmonic. Firms like Accel, NEA, Brex, Notion, and Google Ventures use Harmonic to connect startups with the capital and resources that they need to drive growth. We’re backed by some of the best investors - Craft, Sozo, Floodgate, and several others, all of whom started as customers first.
We believe that your rate of learning and improving is more important than where you are today. And we invite you to reach out if you’re driven, curious, optimistic, and passionate about mastering your craft!
What we are looking for:
We’re looking for an exceptional and highly-motivated Data Operations Team Lead to build and scale our data function. In this pivotal role, reporting directly to the CEO, you’ll be responsible for ensuring that Harmonic has the proper strategy, processes and resources to have the most accurate, comprehensive, and current data. At its core, Harmonic sells data, so our company’s success is critically dependent upon the excellence of this function. We're looking for a candidate who wants to take on significant ownership and is excited about getting in on the ground floor of scaling up a function and company.
Specifically you will:
- Own the strategy, P&L, operating model, and day to day of Data Operations to ensure that the function is best in class.
- Drive internal org efficiency via constant improvements to how we collect and QA our data.
- Constantly search for new data sources that can deliver value to our customers and create scalable processes to ingest it into the platform.
- Work with Engineering to creatively automate an ever increasing share of data workflows
- 2+ years of experience in either consulting, banking, corporate strategy, operations at high-growth tech company
- BA/BS degree in quantitative or operationally minded field
- Experience in data analysis and problem solving (e.g., SQL, large Excel datasets, PowerBI, etc.); highly analytical, and can understand and dissect data as well and run basic financial models
- Experience in coordinating and managing complex cross-functional, technical, or data related projects; comfortable working with software engineering teams; excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Based in NYC with the ability to come in to our our office at the Brass Factory (in Williamsburg) most days
This is not a good fit if:
- You don’t want to roll up your sleeves. This role will be a strong blend of personally breaking down walls to do things that don’t scale, along with building teams that can efficiently execute on scaled processes. You must be eager to do both, and not expect to simply “strategize and delegate”.
- You shy away from moving with velocity and iterating quickly. We believe that execution eats strategy for breakfast and execution can be improved through quick iteration cycles.
- You have very strict work-life boundaries. While we don’t regularly work weekends, we don’t hesitate to when there’s an urgent matter or short-lived opportunity. If you’re looking for a strict 9-5, this isn’t the role for you.
$100k-$190k Salary + Equity depending on level
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to skills and prior relevant experience.
- 🩺 Top of the line health, dental and vision insurance, with 100% premium covered
- 📈 401k matching
- 🌴 Unlimited vacation and sick leave
- 🌍 Offices in NYC, SF, & LA