Homebound is on a mission to make it possible for anyone, anywhere, to build a home using technology. Created by an experienced team of construction, real estate, design, and technology experts, Homebound is transforming the residential construction industry by improving the costly and inefficient process of building a home.
We’ve created an entirely new way to build homes with technology powering every stage from start to finish to provide a seamless experience for our customers. Homeowners across the country can choose where they want to live, select a home plan that’s perfect for them, then personalize and buy it, all online. Homebound has raised $150M in capital from leading venture capitalists like Google, Khosla, Thrive Ventures, and we’re scaling quickly in places like California, Austin, Dallas, Houston and Denver. Come build your future with us.
Homebound is proud to be named one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces of 2023.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Corporate Accounting, the Senior Accountant will play a key role in our day to day corporate accounting and month end close processes.
In this role you’ll collaborate cross functionally regarding various aspects of accounting including but not limited to: preparing and reviewing journal entries and reconciliations, preparing and maintaining documentation to support SOX compliance, assisting in the preparation of financial reporting deliverables, and leading ad hoc projects. This position will leverage your technical expertise with US GAAP to quickly identify accounting implications, and your ability to develop operational processes that help us scale.
The successful candidate can operate in a fast-paced and collaborative startup environment, and will be detailed and deadline-oriented, technologically inclined, operational, and results driven. This is a great opportunity to take on a core accounting role and make a difference in the way this high-growth company operates!
What You'll Do:
- Help drive the day-to-day general ledger accounting across multiple financial statement line items in accordance with U.S. GAAP
- Participate in the month end close process including preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations to deliver timely and accurate financial results
- Perform accounting analyses in accordance with U.S. GAAP and prepare supporting schedules, as required
- Assist the Director of Corporate Accounting with preparation of monthly variance analysis, management reporting and U.S. GAAP reporting
- Assist in the development of new policies and procedures
- Partner with external auditors in support of the audit process
- Support special projects as needed including the implementation and / or maintenance of new accounting systems and tools
What You'll Bring:
- 6+ years of relevant experience. Big 4 accounting firms combined with industry experience preferred
- B.A. or B.S. in Accounting or Finance (CPA strongly preferred)
- Real estate and / or construction industry experience preferred
- Strong experience and knowledge in U.S. GAAP and internal controls and the ability to research complex accounting issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable with a ‘startup mentality’ - ability to be flexible and comfortable with fast pace and changing requirements
- Critical thinking skills and ability to drive continuous improvement, think-out of the box and improve processes that are broken
- Experience innovating through technology and leading projects with team members outside of Accounting
- Experience with the following tools is a plus: Sage Intacct, Bill.com, Expensify, CoConstruct, Brex
Something looks off?