Senior Product Designer
Homebound is on a mission to make it possible for anyone, anywhere, to build a home using technology. Created by an experienced team of construction, real estate, design, and technology experts, Homebound is transforming the residential construction industry by improving the costly and inefficient process of building a home.
We’ve created an entirely new way to build homes with technology powering every stage from start to finish to provide a seamless experience for our customers. Homeowners across the country can choose where they want to live, select a home plan that’s perfect for them, then personalize and buy it, all online. Homebound has raised $150M in capital from leading venture capitalists like Google, Khosla, Thrive Ventures, and we’re scaling quickly in places like California, Austin, Dallas, Houston and Denver. Come build your future with us.
Homebound is proud to be named one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces of 2023.
Homebound is seeking a talented and experienced Senior Product Designer to join our construction technology startup. As a Senior Product Designer, you will play a crucial role in creating an elegant and cohesive experience for participants within the Homebound ecosystem. You will collaborate with different squads and teams to design and implement an automated homebuilding experience.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with product managers and engineering leads to drive squad objectives and roadmap, ensuring successful strategy implementation.
- Lead discovery efforts to make our platform actionable, delivering research findings, UX maps, and prototypes to enhance the user experience.
- Contribute as a valuable member of the product design team, participating in design critiques, mentoring others, and developing the design system.
- Foster efficient communication across cross-functional squads to ensure seamless integration of work areas within an information hierarchy.
- Demonstrate empathy towards the complexity of architecture, design, construction, and procurement, and continuously improve their experience.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of our design system, ensuring consistency and scalability.
What You'll Bring:
- Minimum 6 years of design experience.
- Profound understanding and application of design thinking methods and principles.
- Proficiency in current design tools (like Figma)
- Effective communication skills, able to articulate design work and rationale to peers and cross-functional teams.
- Proactive, hard-working, and eager to tackle new challenges.
- Self-directed, demonstrating initiative and ownership while collaborating with cross-functional partners and other designers.
- Ability to collaborate with non-technical teams, translating operational needs into an optimal platform experience.
- Experience designing user-friendly, efficient, and effective complex systems.
- Humble, approachable, and receptive to learning and growth opportunities.
- Ability to influence stakeholders, provide constructive feedback, and focus on solutions.
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality digital products that achieve results.
- Ability to evaluate the customer and business impact of design decisions.
- Familiarity with processes in architecture, design, procurement, and construction fields.
- Experience working with complex real-time systems involving multiple user roles.
- Familiarity with innovative technologies such as machine learning and AI.
- Consideration for inclusive design and accessibility, with an understanding of WCAG best practices.
- Previous experience working in a startup environment.
Something looks off?