Senior Product Manager, Pricing & ML
Homebound is on a mission to make it possible for anyone, anywhere, to build a home using technology. Created by an experienced team of construction, real estate, design, and technology experts, Homebound is transforming the residential construction industry by improving the costly and inefficient process of building a home.
We’ve created an entirely new way to build homes with technology powering every stage from start to finish to provide a seamless experience for our customers. Homeowners across the country can choose where they want to live, select a home plan that’s perfect for them, then personalize and buy it, all online. Homebound has raised $150M in capital from leading venture capitalists like Google, Khosla, Thrive Ventures, and we’re scaling quickly in places like California, Austin, Dallas, Houston and Denver. Come build your future with us.
Homebound is proud to be named one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces of 2023.
About The Role:
Identifying, valuing, and acquiring properties is core to Homebound’s growth strategy and central to our future success. Homebound is looking for a Senior Product Manager to help us continue to build an innovative suite of pricing products. Our pricing products range include home valuation, market identification, and lot acquisition and will enable Homebound to deploy billions of dollars of capital in the coming years. If you are excited about a high visibility role tackling large scale Machine Learning problems that will have a huge impact on the success and future of Homebound, then this role is for you. Come join us!
What You'll Build:
- Robust home value prediction models (AVMs) that will be used to accurately measure home values and deploy hundreds of millions of dollars of capital across a growing number of markets.
- Home Price Appreciation (HPA) models to accurately predict future home values across different levels of granularity.
- Lead scoring, propensity, and risk models to identify the most attractive properties for Homebound to acquire and develop.
- Internal tools & apps that leverage the above algorithms to enable our underwriting team to efficiently and accurately value hundreds of properties each day.
- Many more, including new ideas and features from you!
What You'll Do:
- Create and execute a shared vision & strategy for Homebound’s suite of pricing and valuation products.
- Deeply partner and collaborate with our machine learning, acquisitions, and underwriting teams to improve pricing models, valuation techniques, and capital deployment.
- Translate feature requests and business outcomes into clear requirements and deliverables; Partner with ML and Engineering teams on their execution and rollout.
- Define, measure, and improve metrics that translate to the success of our products and roadmap.
- Be the subject matter expert for industry trends in the housing market, home valuation, and iBuyer space.
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years of product management experience, with a track record of delivering products from ideation to production.
- 3+ years building data/machine learning intensive applications such as Pricing Optimization, Search, Recommenders, Fraud, or Home Valuation.
- Proven experience communicating and collaborating with a wide range of stakeholders, from executives to engineers to operations.
- Excitement to innovate and have a strong sense of ownership in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Experience with home valuation, proptech, real estate, and/or applied machine learning, a plus
Something looks off?