Senior Full Stack Engineer, Pricing
Homebound is on a mission to make it possible for anyone, anywhere, to build a home using technology. Created by an experienced team of construction, real estate, design, and technology experts, Homebound is transforming the residential construction industry by improving the costly and inefficient process of building a home.
We’ve created an entirely new way to build homes with technology powering every stage from start to finish to provide a seamless experience for our customers. Homeowners across the country can choose where they want to live, select a home plan that’s perfect for them, then personalize and buy it, all online. Homebound has raised $150M in capital from leading venture capitalists like Google, Khosla, Thrive Ventures, and we’re scaling quickly in places like California, Austin, Dallas, Houston and Denver. Come build your future with us.
Homebound is proud to be named one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces of 2023.
Identifying, valuing, and acquiring properties is core to Homebound’s growth strategy and central to our future success. As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you will work on Homebound’s pricing applications that are used to deploy and monitor millions of dollars of capital across hundreds of properties. You will collaborate with machine learning, product management, and lot acquisition teams to improve and streamline our pricing applications and workflows. You will also develop deep domain knowledge in home valuation, real estate, and underwriting. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to building applications that power home price valuation, portfolio and risk management, price forecasting, and workflow optimization in one of the most strategically important business lines at Homebound.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with machine learning, product management and lot acquisition teams to improve and streamline the Homebound’s pricing applications and workflows
- Contribute to the entire product development process including ideation, prototyping, deployment, and iteration
- Develop deep domain knowledge in home valuation, real estate, and underwriting
- Deploy high quality production code on a daily basis
- Learn and grow with a small, tight-knit team that values teamwork and collaboration
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Fluency in full stack web development. Our stack includes Python, React, TypeScript, PostgreSQL, AWS (Lambda, APIG, EventBridge, CDK, etc.)
- Demonstrated success in independently leading projects and mentoring others to solve problems
- A drive to understand how things work and a love of sharing that knowledge with others
- Strong sense of ownership and autonomy and an excitement to be involved in the entire product development lifecycle
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and high attention to detail
- Experience with or working closely with Data Engineering, Machine Learning, DevOps and AWS is a plus
- Ability to work autonomously and have a strong sense of ownership over your work
Something looks off?