Business Operations Associate, Luxury
Homebound is on a mission to make it possible for anyone, anywhere, to build a home using technology. Created by an experienced team of construction, real estate, design, and technology experts, Homebound is transforming the residential construction industry by improving the costly and inefficient process of building a home.
We’ve created an entirely new way to build homes with technology powering every stage from start to finish to provide a seamless experience for our customers. Homeowners across the country can choose where they want to live, select a home plan that’s perfect for them, then personalize and buy it, all online. Homebound has raised $150M in capital from leading venture capitalists like Google, Khosla, Thrive Ventures, and we’re scaling quickly in places like California, Austin, Dallas, Houston and Denver. Come build your future with us.
Homebound is proud to be named one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces of 2023.
This role is a great opportunity to play a meaningful role and develop operational and strategic initiatives at a high growth, mission-driven company. As an early hire on the Luxury team, you will be in a unique position to help shape and scale our high-end homebuilding business - and have the opportunity to create key insights and turn them into impact. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and critical thinking skills, be a self-starter, and enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with lots of opportunity for growth.
What You’ll Do
You’ll work on a wide range of business and operational problems across the Luxury vertical, including:
- Creating analytical insights and applying business judgment to support and develop our existing Luxury business operations - from our construction budgets and schedules to how we optimize working capital - and everything in between
- Partnering across our Construction Operations, Procurement, Strategic Finance and Accounting teams to gather insights, understand processes, and drive performance improvements on operations that span across teams
- Supporting our Luxury sales leaders with business development activities and ideation, including competitive analysis and insights, market mapping, new product creation, and new market entry strategies
- Developing robust metrics and processes around our sales, opportunity pipeline, and revenue forecasts
- Collaborating closely with our Product and Product Operations teams to inform key product feature choices and influence our collective technology roadmap for the Luxury business
- Driving the adoption of new tech features within our Luxury Construction Operations team, including developing key performance indicators, understanding usage and driving feedback - you will be a key link between Tech and Luxury field teams
Who You Are
- A BS / BA or bachelor’s degree equivalent
- 2-4 years of experience in consulting, strategy, investment banking, private equity, strategic finance, operations, startups, tech and/or similar roles
- Strong analytical capabilities - at ease working with numbers and metrics, building models to inform decisions, and looking at problems from a data-driven perspective
- Proficient in Excel
- Experience with Looker and SQL (or other comparable data analytics and visualization tools) preferred
- Adept problem solver and critical thinker
- Enjoy digging into and solving varied, complex and often ambiguous problems from inception through to execution
- Able to balance attention to detail with the need for action
- Able to make good decisions on the fly, but also know when to reach out for support and use others as a sounding board for thinking
- Resourceful self-starter - you are self-driven, agile, and able to get things done
- Solid communication and organization skills - you know how to create insights that are easily digestible and can be shared with a wide range of audiences, and you are comfortable driving, planning and prioritizing your own work
- Proficient working in collaborative and team-based environments with people from a wide variety of levels, functions and expertise
- Prior construction, real estate and/or proptech experience highly welcome, but not required
Something looks off?