Head of Construction, Luxury
Homebound is on a mission to make it possible for anyone, anywhere, to build a home using technology. Created by an experienced team of construction, real estate, design, and technology experts, Homebound is transforming the residential construction industry by improving the costly and inefficient process of building a home.
We’ve created an entirely new way to build homes with technology powering every stage from start to finish to provide a seamless experience for our customers. Homeowners across the country can choose where they want to live, select a home plan that’s perfect for them, then personalize and buy it, all online. Homebound has raised $150M in capital from leading venture capitalists like Google, Khosla, Thrive Ventures, and we’re scaling quickly in places like California, Austin, Dallas, Houston and Denver. Come build your future with us.
Homebound is proud to be named one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces of 2023.
We are looking for a talented Head of Construction Operations (DCO) to manage local construction operations in Austin, TX for our luxury business. We have expanded dramatically in Austin, and are looking for an experienced construction leader to help us manage this expansion.
This person will be responsible for delivering all luxury market construction projects (1) with our Homebound Operating Model, (2) within the project budget and schedule, and (3) in compliance with plans, specifications, and relevant building codes. The DCO will provide leadership to all construction team members in their market, lead the market safety program and train and onboard all of their construction team members.
As the Head of Construction Operations for the luxury segment, you will serve as Homebound’s construction operations subject matter expert in Austin, and share best practices and experience with our close-knit group of operations leaders across the country. You will run a team of Construction Project Managers, Engineers and Coordinators who oversee the construction of our homes, and work with a fully-vetted team of consultants, trade partners, and suppliers.
You will also work with our central construction and technology teams to develop and improve the repeatable processes that our technology enables. You will have access to a team of preconstruction and procurement professionals to help make sure your projects are prepared for success and will build efficiently.
What You'll Do
- All project delivery metrics. The buck stops with you regarding Homebound’s homes in your market segment. Delivering on time, on budget, with quality and safely sits with you.
- Removing roadblocks to delivery for your Construction Project Managers, Engineers and Coordinators while finding opportunities to strategically accelerate projects.
- Building and developing your team to best support and deliver the projects that you manage.
- Overseeing the performance of Homebound consultants, trade partners, and suppliers - and recruiting best-in-class construction trades to our network, vetting their work, and pairing them with the projects they will be successful on.
- Partnering with our central construction and technology teams to help envision and deliver an industry-leading construction operations model.
- Seeking the resources you need to build the way the residential construction industry should build - not the way it’s always been done.
What You'll Bring
- 15+ years experience in managing construction developments
- High end residential construction experience required
- Must have experience leading and managing a team across multiple construction developments
- Combination of production + custom home building experience preferred
- Experienced team manager: Strong leadership skills, plus experience in recruiting, onboarding and managing a team
- Exceptional operational skills: Demonstrated record of keeping complex projects running efficiently, while enabling teams to hit milestone goals
- Relationship oriented: Well-connected in your local market, with a network of first-rate local consultants, architects, engineers, and trade partners. Experience working with the local permitting department, with knowledge of process and strategies to accelerate permitting or pivot away from roadblocks. Proclivity towards networking and making connections with other construction professionals
- Financial acumen: Familiar with market level P&Ls and the ability to unpack levers in order to manage performance. Experienced with estimating in order to be able to read and review estimates to provide final sign off
- Technology driven: Familiar with common technology used in building processes (project management software, BIM, VR etc.), and enthusiastic about developing and adopting new technologies
Who You Are
- An experienced construction leader interested in taking your skills to the next-level with a company that’s on-the-move
- A forward thinker with the desire to innovate and improve the way that homes are built
- Someone with a bias-towards-action who is tenacious, scrappy and willing to do whatever it takes to meet aggressive timelines while delivering great homes
- A continuous optimizer - you are always looking for ways to make things better, faster, more efficient, especially with technology
- A person who excels in a startup environment - which means staying organized, taking initiative, and being willing to jump in and help where needed
This individual can be based anywhere in Texas with a willingness to travel.
Something looks off?