Staff Mobile Engineer
Homebound is on a mission to make it possible for anyone, anywhere, to build a home using technology. Created by an experienced team of construction, real estate, design, and technology experts, Homebound is transforming the residential construction industry by improving the costly and inefficient process of building a home.
We’ve created an entirely new way to build homes with technology powering every stage from start to finish to provide a seamless experience for our customers. Homeowners across the country can choose where they want to live, select a home plan that’s perfect for them, then personalize and buy it, all online. Homebound has raised $150M in capital from leading venture capitalists like Google, Khosla, Thrive Ventures, and we’re scaling quickly in places like California, Texas, Colorado and Florida. Come build your future with us.
Homebound is proud to be named one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces of 2023.
As a Principal Mobile Engineer, you will build, deploy, and maintain mobile applications that will be our construction operators primary interface to interact with our technology and project management systems. The goal is to streamline our construction teams’ jobs by having the right information at the right time at the tip of their fingers. From creating job logs, verifying completed work, and scheduling trade partners you will build technology to empower our field teams to build homes more efficiently. You will collaborate with product management, construction operations, and platform engineering to translate field work into accurate schedules, plans, and insights on how to effectively manage our construction projects. You will develop deep domain expertise in the homebuilding process and work with a small tight-knit team to bring our first mobile application from idea to production. This is an exciting opportunity to be on the ground floor of a new team that is core to Homebound’s mission - helping Homebound reinvent and improve the homebuilding process with technology.
What You'll Do:
- Build Homebound’s first set of mobile applications, helping bring the power of our construction management technology to our team of construction field experts.
- Understand the details of our construction field teams’ jobs to create elegant consumer-like interfaces to increase their efficiency.
- Contribute to the entire product development process including ideation, prototyping, deployment, and iteration.
- Develop deep domain knowledge in home building, project management, and trade scheduling and solve core pain points for construction experts in the field.
- Deploy high quality production code on a daily basis.
- Learn and grow with a small, tight-knit team that values teamwork and collaboration.
What You'll Bring:
- 8+ years of professional software development experience, startup and/or remote experiences, a big plus.
- 5+ years of experience developing mobile applications.
- Deep understanding of mobile UI/UX best practices and standards.
- Experience with offline-first applications and data syncing.
- Excitement and expertise in improving the developer experience for building and shipping mobile applications.
- Demonstrated success in independently leading projects and mentoring others to solve problems.
- Strong sense of ownership and autonomy and an excitement to be involved in the entire product development lifecycle.
If you are a self-starter, have a strong sense of ownership, and are passionate about building world-class tech teams and products, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.