Homebound is on a mission to make it possible for anyone, anywhere, to build a home using technology. Created by an experienced team of construction, real estate, design, and technology experts, Homebound is transforming the residential construction industry by improving the costly and inefficient process of building a home.
We’ve created an entirely new way to build homes with technology powering every stage from start to finish to provide a seamless experience for our customers. Homeowners across the country can choose where they want to live, select a home plan that’s perfect for them, then personalize and buy it, all online. Homebound has raised $150M in capital from leading venture capitalists like Google, Khosla, Thrive Ventures, and we’re scaling quickly in places like California, Texas, Colorado and Florida. Come build your future with us.
Homebound is proud to be named one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces of 2023.
- Lead a team of software engineers to deliver an end-to-end platform that powers operational teams to plan, configure, build and sell homes.
- Collaborate closely with Product Management and Product Design to define, architect and deliver an end-to-end platform for the homebuilding industry.
- Build an intelligent and automated system to orchestrate the entire home building process from start to finish.
- Leverage ML/AI to build highly efficient workflows for operational teams.
- Evolve the platform architecture to create a responsive and scalable platform that can adapt to evolving business processes and needs.
- Ensure that platform functionality drives key business metric improvements by establishing baselines and analyzing and attributing changing metrics to platform automation and functionality.
- Drive software development timelines by working backwards from delivery of critical functionality to create engineering execution plans with incremental delivery.
- Transparently communicate the status of feature delivery across the company
- Create and measure developer performance and productivity metrics to highlight bottlenecks in the developer workflows.
- Hire, coach, and retain a high performing engineering team. Continuously improve the talent of the team by coaching both top and under performing engineers.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of product managers, stakeholders, end-users, data scientists, ML experts, engineers, product designers, and product leaders in both day-to-day work and in defining the overarching strategy, vision and roadmap
- Become a subject matter expert on homebuilding and all its inner workings and complexity; you should be just as comfortable problem solving with a director of construction as you are with an engineer .
- Make difficult, high-stakes technical trade-offs to deliver functionality most likely to achieve business goals and meet user needs.
- Identify technical product gaps and collaborate with the engineers to research and define solutions to ensure a rock solid architectural foundation.
- Develop and maintain architectural plans, technical design documents, user stories, and delivery timelines to deliver high-impact features and applications.
- 10+ years of software engineering management and software architecture experience.
- Experience building technology and automation for complex manual or operational workflows.
- Be outcome-oriented by establishing and measuring against operational KPIs to ensure maximum operating impact.
- Player-coach leadership role where you lead senior and junior engineers with a detailed understanding of the code base as well as leading the charge on certain implementation initiatives.
- You are a “full stack technology leader” with a demonstrated ability to plan, manage, and drive projects from beginning to end, including solution definition, architectural designs, scoping, technical documentation, delivery, and maintenance.
- This is an engineering leadership role with regular engagement with end users in the field as well as senior executives. Looking for a no-ego leader with ability to communicate at all levels.
- Willing to travel monthly for in-person working sessions