Senior Purchasing Agent
Homebound is on a mission to make it possible for anyone, anywhere, to build a home using technology. Created by an experienced team of construction, real estate, design, and technology experts, Homebound is transforming the residential construction industry by improving the costly and inefficient process of building a home.
We’ve created an entirely new way to build homes with technology powering every stage from start to finish to provide a seamless experience for our customers. Homeowners across the country can choose where they want to live, select a home plan that’s perfect for them, then personalize and buy it, all online. Homebound has raised $150M in capital from leading venture capitalists like Google, Khosla, Thrive Ventures, and we’re scaling quickly in places like California, Texas, Colorado and Florida. Come build your future with us.
Homebound is proud to be named one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces of 2023.
Homebound is currently building single family homes based on Homebound’s ready plan library and pre-curated design packages in the Marshall Fire area. Homebound’s BOOL and BOYL product requires a cross-functional effort from key departments: Procurement, Underwriting, Architecture & Design, Sales, Pre-Construction, and Construction Operations.
The ideal candidate has excellent numerical skills and an analytical mindset, and is eager to contribute to the development of a fast-paced, technology-driven construction company. The ideal candidate also has a well-rounded understanding of supply chains, trade and commodity negotiations, market trends, and trade relationship building.
As a member of the Purchasing Team, the Purchasing Agent will be responsible for executing Homebound's purchasing process in Colorado. The Purchasing Agent is responsible for executing POs and VPOs, completing budget validation exercises and providing design input and emphasis to the Architecture and Design department from a cost and supply chain point of view. This role reports directly to the Colorado Procurement Lead.
What You’ll Do
- Assist in building budgets with accurate scopes of work for all new projects
- Assist in facilitating the distribution of finish end RFPs through Homebound's tech platform as required
- Collaborate with Architecture and Design team members to develop finish end selection items and offer input based on cost and supply chain availability
- Develop trade and SKU management tools to properly validate accuracy to plans and scope, track/communicate lead times, and ensure seamless delivery/install in the field
- Ensure purchase orders are released in accordance with the agreed upon construction schedule where applicable
- Enter budgets into Homebound’s tech platform to set up new projects
- Contribute to the library of Homebound scopes of work, unit pricing for materials and labor, and documents relating to trade and supplier contract management
- Utilize Homebound specific tech platforms to accomplish your work
What You’ll Bring
- At least 3 years of Procurement experience in Custom Homebuilding and/or Production Homebuilding environments
- Strong relationships with vendor community
- Demonstrated ability to work across teams, including Growth, Construction Operations, and Finance to solve critical business problems
- Skilled at using data to inform decision making
- Analytical, problem-solving, organizational, presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects at once