Director, Data Analytics
Homebound is on a mission to make it possible for anyone, anywhere, to build a home using technology. Created by an experienced team of construction, real estate, design, and technology experts, Homebound is transforming the residential construction industry by improving the costly and inefficient process of building a home.
We’ve created an entirely new way to build homes with technology powering every stage from start to finish to provide a seamless experience for our customers. Homeowners across the country can choose where they want to live, select a home plan that’s perfect for them, then personalize and buy it, all online. Homebound has raised $150M in capital from leading venture capitalists like Google, Khosla, Thrive Ventures, and we’re scaling quickly in places like California, Texas, Colorado and Florida. Come build your future with us.
Homebound is proud to be named one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces of 2023.
We are developing an end-to-end platform that orchestrates work across complex construction operations. The Director, Data Engineering & Analytics will be responsible for defining and bringing the right data and insights to end users to drive action. This involves working with cross-functional operations, product and pricing teams to define business-critical data points and associated business rules. The data leader and their team will have a deep understanding of business to analyze and interpret the data. The role will be responsible for architecting, developing and managing our data systems within the platform. This includes data definition, data management, data modeling, infrastructure, pipelines and analytics.
- Data Strategy: Define the overall data strategy and structure for the organization. Collaborate with Operations, Pricing and Product team to define business data, metrics and use cases and execute a strategy to make the right data available at the right time.
- Data Analytics: Analyze and interpret the data to recommend business action and influence the platform roadmap.
- Data Democratization: Increase data literacy, access, and data-driven thinking throughout the broader homebound organization.
- Data Infrastructure: Adopt cutting-edge technologies to support scalable and efficient data processing. Ensure data security, compliance, and data governance standards are maintained.
- Team Leadership: Lead a high-performing team of data engineers and analysts
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or a related field
- 10+ years of relevant leadership and work experience in data engineering and analytics
- 10+ years proficiency in SQL, Pyhton, ETL management, data modeling, and working with large amounts of data
- 5+ years using modern, cloud-based architectures, ideally AWS.
- 5+ years Experience with data visualization using Looker, Tableau, Power BI, or similar tools
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Architect is preferred
- Experience with event-based platform is preferred
- Experience with multiple data sources including platform, 3rd party, CRM, ERP