Senior Acquisitions Associate, Build to Rent
Homebound is on a mission to make it possible for anyone, anywhere, to build a home using technology. Created by an experienced team of construction, real estate, design, and technology experts, Homebound is transforming the residential construction industry by improving the costly and inefficient process of building a home.
We’ve created an entirely new way to build homes with technology powering every stage from start to finish to provide a seamless experience for our customers. Homeowners across the country can choose where they want to live, select a home plan that’s perfect for them, then personalize and buy it, all online. Homebound has raised $150M in capital from leading venture capitalists like Google, Khosla, Thrive Ventures, and we’re scaling quickly in places like California, Texas, Colorado and Florida. Come build your future with us.
Homebound is proud to be named one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces of 2023.
Homebound recently launched its Build to Rent business with ambitious plans to generate $50 million + in revenue in the first year of operations. We have already signed term sheets with two of the largest BTR players in the US and are looking to add to our team. The primary responsibilities of this position are to help scale Homebound’s deal sourcing capabilities This will include sourcing, screening and underwriting BTR projects, managing our growing pipeline and identifying new BTR partners. This position requires one who is analytical, has a strong attention to detail, works well cross-functionally and has the ability to navigate ambiguity while operating effectively in a hyper-growth start-up environment. You will report to the VP Build to Rent but will work closely with many other functions with Homebound.
What You'll Do:
- Deal Sourcing - Identify potential deal sourcing partners (brokers, developers etc), conduct research and reach out to begin building a relationship for Homebound.
- Partner Sourcing - Identify potential capital allocators (REITs, asset managers etc), conduct research and support business development efforts.
- Underwriting - Analyze scattered lots and larger land opportunities, to determine if they are suitable investment opportunities and provide underwriting of these properties from start to finish
- Connect with developers to understand site development and horizontal construction budget
- Work cross-functionally with procurement, architecture & design, growth to ensure alignment on pro forma
- High level research various aspects of potential investments such as rental comps, property taxes, insurance, HOA fees, school districts and average household income
- Pipeline Maintenance and Reporting - Maintain Homebound’s BTR pipeline and generate reports for weekly meetings with the Executive Team
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of Single Family Rental and/or Build to Rent sourcing & acquisitions experience TX based preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Enjoy working in team settings and excited about working cross-functionally (i.e., with people of a wide variety of industry expertise and experience levels)
- Scrappy, resourceful, and excited to work independently
- Strong attention to detail
- You are self-motivated, intellectually curious, and a rapid learner
- Demonstrates logical and systematic thinking skills
- Have strong listening skills with ability to collect and verify detailed information
- Be comfortable learning new software and systems
- Thrive in working with ambiguity as we are constantly launching new markets & products and being able to synthesize multiple data sets/inputs towards a recommendation
- BA in Finance or related field or relevant work experience