VP of Product
Horizon3’s mission is to enable organizations to proactively find and fix and verify exploitable attack vectors before criminals exploit them. We are a fast-growing, remote cybersecurity company using automation and artificial intelligence to deliver Autonomous Penetration Testing as a Service (APTaaS). We are a team of learn it alls, committed to a culture of respect, collaboration, ownership, and results.
We’re looking for a VP of Product to spearhead our product strategy and execution so we can be the most trusted security testing and risk assessment platform.
About the role
As the VP, Product, you will report to the CEO and be a key member of Horizon3’s leadership team. You will be responsible for crafting our product vision and strategy and working cross functionally to deliver a best in class cyber security platform. You will build and lead a dynamic product management team with diverse perspectives across cyber security and enterprise SaaS.
VP, Product Responsibilities
Drive and execute on a product vision and strategy
- Develop and execute a comprehensive product strategy aligned with the company's mission, goals, and user needs
- Working closely with the engineering and marketing teams to bring new cybersecurity products to market, ensuring they meet customer needs and provide a competitive advantage.
- Defining and communicating the value proposition of new cybersecurity products and services to key stakeholders, including customers, partners, and investors.
- Drive strategic planning, forecasting, and product lifecycle management, from ideation to sunset
- Collaborating with sales and marketing teams to develop and implement go-to-market strategies for new cybersecurity products.
- Maintain a transparent workflow to meet deadlines, manage resource allocation, and ensure timely delivery of new features and updates
Continuously cultivate a deep understanding of the market to drive innovation
- Implement data-driven decision-making processes to enhance product offerings continually
- Engage with customers, gather feedback, and incorporate it into the product development process to ensure our solutions exceed market expectations
- Drive innovation by exploring emerging technologies and conduct thorough market research and analysis to inform strategic decision-making.
- Define and field primary market research to aid in defining the product direction
- Perform assessment of target markets, industry trends, competitors and competitive products against Horizon3 products
- Obtain input and validation for new enhancements from customer-facing internal partners: sales, solution engineers, marketing, customer support, engineering
Build a high performing team
- Lead and mentor a team of product managers, fostering a collaborative and high-performing environment.
- Provide guidance in defining clear product roadmaps, setting objectives, and achieving milestones.
You’ll thrive as the VP, Product if you have:
- Strong knowledge of the cybersecurity industry and SaaS market
- Proven experience building high performing product orgs that consistently ship successful software products on time and at scale
- A successful track record of hiring, coaching, and growing product managers
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills, with an ability to connect with a wide range of team members and job functions
- Passion, grit, drive, and a can-do, high-ownership attitude
- Strong bias towards action and experimentation
- Strong developer product instincts; you intuitively understand why product ideas will be effective and gain adoption
- Data fundamentals; you have the ability to collect and analyze data from a variety of sources, identify key insights, spot optimization opportunities, and inform product decisions
- Focus on details; you believe that an extraordinary product is the sum of an inordinate number of small, thoughtful decisions
- Experience producing eloquent and inspired presentations to communicate your vision and plans
- Deep understanding in compliance matters to include PCI and GRC
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the position’s requirements.