Software Engineer (Backend and APIs)
GenHealth.ai is transforming the way healthcare works, and we are looking for an exceptional Software Engineer to join our team and build our backend and APIs. As a member of our team, you will be at the forefront of generative AI in healthcare, making a significant impact on the lives of patients around the world.
The API Engineer role at GenHealth will develop and deploy APIs on top of state-of-the-art generative AI models in healthcare. You will work with a team of passionate and talented individuals with a track record of successful startups who are dedicated to improving patient outcomes and reducing healthcare costs.
- Security, security, security. We work with healthcare data so security is of the upmost importance. You need to know thinks like authentication, authorization, and various standards for implementing those.
- Hands on keyboard development of APIs securing and providing access to our generative AI models
- Scaling APIs to support thousands of concurrent requests per second
- Collaborate with healthcare professionals to identify new use cases and opportunities for AI in healthcare
- Work with a team of data scientists and engineers to build application programming interfaces on top of generative AI models
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in AI and healthcare technology
- Use EHR, FHIR, or Claims data to understand the usage and domain of healthcare applications
- Experience with Next.js, Express, Flask, FastAPI or other server side API frameworks
- Ability to produce working prototypes quickly
- An expert intuition at understanding development tradeoffs with regard to development speed, stability, system design and architecture
- Understand how to mitigate security risks with OAuth2, rate-limiting, and security led design
- Experience with Cloud Operations and automating deployment, testing, and scaling
- Deft with shell, CI/CD, and cloud environments like AWS or GCP
- Experience working with EHR, FHIR, Claims or other healthcare data
- Passion for making a significant impact on the healthcare industry using AI
- Must be US citizen or permanent resident, and currently living in the US
Compensation and Benefits
The salary for this role is $100,000 – $200,000. In addition to salary, total compensation includes the following
- Healthcare, dental, and vision insurance for your entire family
- Equity (stock options) valued between $25,000 - $100,000.
- Unlimited vacation and 15+ company holidays per year
- Work directly with the founders
At GenHealth.ai, we are transforming the healthcare industry with cutting-edge Generative AI technology. As an Applied AI Engineer at our company, you will work on projects that will improve the lives of millions of patients around the world. If you are passionate about using AI to make a significant impact on the healthcare industry and have experience in scaling Transformer Neural Network in production, we encourage you to apply today!