Student Success Manager - Upsell
Inspira Education (www.inspiraeducationgroup.com) is one of the fastest-growing edtech startups in the US, that helps higher ed applicants and parents with the highest quality content, tutoring, and advising services for their college and graduate school applications.
Led by a team of former admissions committee officers from some of the most prestigious schools, Inspira’s mission is to democratize access to higher education across millions of deserving students in the world, so that their education and life outcomes do not get determined by a zipcode or resources of their high schools. Inspira has thus built one of the deepest benches of admissions counselors in the world who support candidates with all the aspects of their application process and help them position the best version of themselves.
As we build and grow our core team, we have brought together some of the most passionate folks from the world of education, finance, non-profit, venture capital, and technology, to unlock human potential through education. We want to change the world, one student at a time.
We have seen tremendous growth and we just raised our Series A financing from leading Silicon Valley investors including Craft Ventures, David Sacks (Founding Member of PayPal), Jeff Fluhr (Co-Founder and CEO of Stubhub), Kygo, and other prominent angel investors.
The Student Success Manager - Upsell is responsible for assisting other Student Success Managers with upselling additional services to enhance our students' educational experience. You will play a key role in ensuring the satisfaction and success of our students while identifying opportunities for upselling additional services and products. You will work closely with our existing student base, understanding their needs, challenges, and goals, and proactively offer relevant products and services to enhance their educational journey.
The key focus of a Student Success Manager is to build relationships both internally and externally and to communicate effectively to maintain trust and strong collaboration. Student Success Managers also display business acumen and safeguard the students’ and Inspira’s investment from the beginning to the end of the student’s Inspira journey.
As a partner to our counselors, students, and their families, you will be responsible for informing other team members of cultural or local expectations and requirements and contribute to the continuous improvement of our programs.
- Identify opportunities to upsell additional services and resources that align with students' interests and enhance their learning experience
- Be the main point of contact to clients, with an emphasis on parent liaison, and provide timely and accurate responses to their inquiries concerning the add on services being proposed
- Gather feedback from students regarding their experience with upsold services, and use this feedback to improve and refine our offerings.
- Monitoring and reporting on student progress and strategically intervene where necessary for the benefit of the student
- Analyze student data and trends to identify patterns and opportunities for upselling, ensuring data-driven decision-making.
- Engage in conflict resolution and handle complaints with the assistance of the Student Success Escalations Manager
- Closely check up and monitor client and tutor/mentor performance to ensure measurable outcomes
- Other duties as outlined in the full job description
- Proven experience in sales, upselling, or account management, preferably in an educational or edtech setting.
- High level of resilience: works well under pressure, demonstrates a positive outlook in times of uncertainty, recognizes when to ask for support, continues to perform effectively in stressful and ambiguous circumstances, does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough, open to feedback
- Professionalism & customer service attitude: Acts professionally in situations that arouse strong personal or emotional reactions, for example in escalation scenarios, handles customer complaints and criticism constructively by listening, ability to show patience and empathy in all situations, and a services mindset showing genuine care and the desire to help others, a willingness to go above and beyond
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills: commands attention and brings leadership to client meetings, can make people feel at ease, extensive experience in customer relationship management, advanced English proficiency both verbal and written
- Negotiation skills & adaptability: builds rapport and trust within the organization, de-escalation and conflict resolution skills, high cultural awareness and adaptability to efficiently manage the different dynamics of customers and stakeholders from diverse backgrounds
- Teamwork & collaboration: highly organized and exhibit effective time management, result-oriented, effective problem-solving skills with a can-do attitude, exhibit a positive attitude and a growth mindset in the workplace
- Prior relevant knowledge and experience in education/ mentoring/coaching/youth development is desirable
- Knowledge of college admissions and international education systems would be helpful
Why Join Inspira?
- 100% coverage on health, vision, and dental coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- Training and Learning Budget
- Fully remote work across the US and Canada
- Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network), AAPI, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Gender+, LatinX, Black Excellence, Disability Community, and Veterans