Senior Sales Development Representative
At Instawork, we’re driven by our vision to create economic opportunity for local businesses and skilled hourly professionals in communities around the world. With a growing number of hub cities across the world in the U.S., Canada, India, and beyond, we’re looking for top talent to help rapidly scale our high-tech and high-touch labor marketplace. Our accomplished and dedicated team is passionate about our mission and committed to crafting revolutionary products, all with the backing of our world-class investors, including Benchmark, Spark Capital, Craft Ventures, Greylock Capital, Y Combinator, and more!
We have an immediate opening for a hybrid Senior Sales Development Representative, with a proven track record of success to join our rapidly growing team. Reporting to the SDR Manager, this role serves as a critical member of the sales team and is responsible for driving top-of-the-funnel lead generation for account executives and sales managers. This role requires some prior sales development or business development experience. This is a results-driven position that requires you to consistently achieve monthly quota of qualified opportunities.
What You’ll Do
- Drive top-of-the-funnel lead generation for account executives and sales managers
- Update and manage all sales activities, opportunities, and account information in CRM
- Consistently achieve monthly quota of qualified opportunities
- Actively attract new partners by engaging new and existing leads
- Pre-qualify opportunities by business size, staffing needs and volume
- Work closely with Account Executives to develop prospecting strategies
- Proficient in Salesforce and other sales tools to manage accounts through the top of the funnel sales cycle
- Provide our clients with effective value proposition
- Provide white glove service, articulate value proposition and build rapport through effective communication
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in Business or a related field
- At least 1 - 2 years of sales development or business development experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize work
- Ability to understand a target audience and identify the right prospects
- Experience with outbound phone calls
- Proficient in Salesforce or other Client Relationship Management (CRM)
- Highly motivated and willing to take intelligent risks
- Bias for Action -- We are a growing team and an evolving product. We want a team of do’ers to drive the company forward, even if it means making decisions with incomplete information or being wrong.
- Act Like an Owner -- Treat this company as though it is your own. Execute on the fundamentals, and act creatively to drive growth. Your ability to drive impact in any part of our company is only limited by your courage and conviction, not your job title.
- Always Be Learning -- We are changing an entire industry. We strive to learn from each other and get better each day, week, and month, so that our team’s learnings can compound and we can all improve, together.
- Empathy, Trust, Candor -- Empathy for our business partners and professionals means we put ourselves in their shoes. Empathy for our colleagues means we are always upfront and honest with each other, which comes from trust.
Founded in 2016, Instawork is the leading flexible work app for local, hourly professionals. Its digital marketplace connects thousands of businesses and more than three million workers, filling a critical role in local economies. Instawork has been featured on CBS News, the Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, Associated Press, and more. In 2022, Instawork was ranked among the country’s top 10% of fastest-growing companies by Inc. 5000 and was included in the Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup list. Instawork was also named the 2022 ACE Award recipient for “Best Innovation” and one of the “Best Business Apps” by Business Insider. Instawork helps businesses in the food & beverage, hospitality, and warehouse/logistics industries fill temporary and permanent job opportunities in more than 25 markets across the U.S. and Canada.
For more information visit www.instawork.com
We value diversity on our team and firmly believe Instawork is stronger when we hire people who make their own unique contributions to our culture. We welcome all applicants and encourage candidates from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.