Healthcare Channel Development Director
At Instawork, we’re driven by our vision to create economic opportunity for local businesses and skilled hourly professionals in communities around the world. With a growing number of hub cities across the world in the U.S., Canada, India, and beyond, we’re looking for top talent to help rapidly scale our high-tech and high-touch labor marketplace. Our accomplished and dedicated team is passionate about our mission and committed to crafting revolutionary products, all with the backing of our world-class investors, including Benchmark, Spark Capital, Craft Ventures, Greylock Capital, Y Combinator, and more!
We are hiring a Category Director to lead the revenue acceleration strategy within our Healthcare & Senior Living category. We believe a deeper category focus and expertise will allow us to win as we continue to grow rapidly as a company and react to the changing needs of our customers in the market.
The ideal candidate will have a deep background in the Healthcare & Senior Living space, a strategic mindset, a proven track record of achieving revenue growth targets, and a winning mentality.
What You’ll Do
- Act as the head of the Healthcare & Senior Living category, owning the revenue results for the category
- Have a seat at the table - We’re looking for someone who can play an important role in shaping the future of the category, and who can aggregate feedback from customers, the Revenue team, and the market to help inform our strategy for winning
- Drive both the strategic but also the operational efforts required to win the category - this includes leading internal trainings, making recommendations for process changes, taking the lead on the best way to position the Instawork offering in this category
- Become the face of the Healthcare & Senior Living category for Instawork, leveraging the work of our Chief Economist and the PR & Marketing teams, as well as your own background and experience to amplify the Instawork story out in the market
- Partner with the Sales team to drive maximum sales performance within your category (including driving leads or connections to the sales team, understanding barriers, participating in pitches to close new customers)
- Strategize with the Marketing team to develop a robust Account Based Marketing strategy to unlock the potential from corporate relationships (existing and new)
- Collaborate with the Account Management team to unleash the potential revenue growth from our existing Partners, through retention, account expansion and referrals
- Partner with the Revenue Enablement team to package best practices and knowledge about the industry for broad consumption (Sales, Marketing, Account Management, Product, etc), and be the go-to expert in the company to weigh in on specifics related to the category
- Develop new (and leverage existing) relationships within senior levels of partners within the category, and become an expert in the organizational structures and key influencers within each company
- Strategically lead revenue growth conversations with partners, including during prepared QBR and other proactive partner sessions (and drive high-leverage conversations with regional players to get adoption and higher throughput of individual partner units)
- Attend important events within the category for networking, lead generation, and branding purposes
- Partner with the Revenue Ops team to analyze weekly data and reporting metrics to determine the health of the Healthcare & Senior Living category, and take appropriate actions based on the data to respond to trends quickly
Who You Are
- 8+ years of experience operating in the Healthcare & Senior Living space, with at least 4+ years working with mid and senior level executives
- Passion for leading a category and being responsible for the growth of the Healthcare & Senior Living category at Instawork
- Strong networking capabilities, with the connections to back it up
- Proven track record of hitting goals and revenue targets
- Prior success in partnering cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders to deliver results
- Curiosity, creativity and demonstrated data-orientation
- A natural problem solver - when faced with new challenges you can break down the problem and mobilize a plan to solve it
- Confidence in presenting work to senior-level executives and stakeholders, whether in small groups or large presentation settings
- Demonstrated sense of ownership, project management capabilities and operational rigor. You have managed multiple initiatives simultaneously to hit targets.
For NY based applicants:
- The base salary for this position is $150,000
- This position is eligible for discretionary commission-based earnings of $150,000+
- This position is eligible for equity in the form of stock options
- This position is eligible for Instawork benefits, including:
- A variety of medical, dental, and vision plans with coverage beginning on the date of hire
- Flexible paid time off
- At least 8 paid company holidays annually
- Home office stipend
- Phone stipend
- Commuter stipend
- Supplemental pay on qualified leaves
- Employee health savings accounts (HSA) contribution
- Flexible spending plans
- 401K plan
- Perkspot - discount program through Lumity
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above.
- Bias for Action -- We are a growing team and an evolving product. We want a team of do’ers to drive the company forward, even if it means making decisions with incomplete information or being wrong.
- Act Like an Owner -- Treat this company as though it is your own. Execute on the fundamentals, and act creatively to drive growth. Your ability to drive impact in any part of our company is only limited by your courage and conviction, not your job title.
- Always Be Learning -- We are changing an entire industry. We strive to learn from each other and get better each day, week, and month, so that our team’s learnings can compound and we can all improve, together.
- Empathy, Trust, Candor -- Empathy for our business partners and professionals means we put ourselves in their shoes. Empathy for our colleagues means we are always upfront and honest with each other, which comes from trust.
Founded in 2016, Instawork is the leading flexible work app for local, hourly professionals. Its digital marketplace connects thousands of businesses and more than three million workers, filling a critical role in local economies. Instawork has been featured on CBS News, the Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, Associated Press, and more. In 2022, Instawork was ranked among the country’s top 10% of fastest-growing companies by Inc. 5000 and was included in the Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup list. Instawork was also named the 2022 ACE Award recipient for “Best Innovation” and one of the “Best Business Apps” by Business Insider. Instawork helps businesses in the food & beverage, hospitality, and warehouse/logistics industries fill temporary and permanent job opportunities in more than 25 markets across the U.S. and Canada.
For more information visit www.instawork.com
We value diversity on our team and firmly believe Instawork is stronger when we hire people who make their own unique contributions to our culture. We welcome all applicants and encourage candidates from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.