Director of Trust & Safety
At Instawork, we’re driven by our vision to create economic opportunity for local businesses and skilled hourly professionals in communities around the world. With a growing number of hub cities across the world in the U.S., Canada, India, and beyond, we’re looking for top talent to help rapidly scale our high-tech and high-touch labor marketplace. Our accomplished and dedicated team is passionate about our mission and committed to crafting revolutionary products, all with the backing of our world-class investors, including Benchmark, Spark Capital, Craft Ventures, Greylock Capital, Y Combinator, and more!
At Instawork, we’re driven by a mission to create economic opportunity for local businesses and skilled hourly workers in communities around the world. With headquarters in San Francisco, and a growing number of hub cities across the country, India, and beyond, we’re looking for top talent to help rapidly scale our high-tech and high-touch labor marketplace. Our accomplished and dedicated team is passionate about our mission and committed to crafting revolutionary products, all with the backing of our world-class investors, including Benchmark, Craft Ventures, Greylock Capital, Y Combinator, and more!
We’re looking for a Director of Trust & Safety with a proven track record of success. Reporting to our Vice President of Community Operations, this role serves as a critical member of our Operations team, and is responsible for scaling our Trust & Safety functions as we grow.
What You'll Do
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the Instawork business, platform, and the metrics that impact Trust & Safety across the brand.
- Deal with sensitive content and emotionally charged escalations with empathy, tact, and equanimity.
- Steer the creation of internal and external guidelines and policies for the Trust & Safety team.
- Lead the Trust & Safety team, ensuring prompt and consistent responses to escalations. Manage a 24/7 operation, ensuring key metrics and SLAs are met.
- Communicate and report overall status, primary metrics, key issues, and solution plans to relevant partners and leaders.
- Represent the company externally with industry groups, government officials, and members of the press to explain Instawork’s approach to Trust and Safety.
- Lead day-to-day operations of the Trust & Safety team, developing and tracking key operational metrics to measure organizational success and engage in ongoing capacity planning.
- Provide coaching and training to optimize for workflows including escalations, abuse reports, and legal requests, as well as ensuring the team is up to date on all policy, process, and product changes.
- Monitor team performance, accuracy, and quality to ensure alignment with other customer-facing teams.
Who You Are
- Deep understanding of safety issues with a minimum of 5+ years experience managing Trust & Safety functions.
- Proven track record of scaling operations in a fast-paced, dynamic and global environment.
- Detail-oriented with executive maturity, business acumen, and the ability to influence and communicate within all levels of the organization.
- A team player who’s willing to get their hands dirty and help where needed.
- Excellent leadership skills to motivate, develop, and retain talent.
- Strong analytical skills, including working with large data sets to identify and solve business problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
For CA based applicants:
- The base salary for this position is $175,000 - $200,000.
- This position is eligible for equity in the form of stock options
- This position is eligible for Instawork benefits, including:
- A variety of medical, dental, and vision plans with coverage beginning on the date of hire
- Flexible paid time off
- At least 8 paid company holidays annually
- Home office stipend
- Phone stipend
- Commuter stipend
- Supplemental pay on qualified leaves
- Employee health savings accounts (HSA) contribution
- Flexible spending plans
- 401K plan
- Perkspot - discount program through Lumity
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our company values include:
- Bias for Action -- We’re always looking to the future and driving the company forward, even if it means making decisions with incomplete information. We learn from our mistakes so we don’t repeat them!
- Act Like an Owner -- Instawork’s success depends on each of us, so execute on the fundamentals, and act creatively to drive growth. Your ability to improve any part of our company is only limited by your courage and conviction, not your job title.
- Always Be Learning -- As we change an industry, each day we grow and learn as individuals and as part of our larger endeavor.
- Empathy, Trust, Candor -- Empathy for our business partners and professionals means we put ourselves in their shoes. Empathy for our colleagues means we are always upfront and honest with each other, which comes from trust.
Founded in 2016, Instawork is the leading flexible work app for local, hourly professionals. Its digital marketplace connects thousands of businesses and more than three million workers, filling a critical role in local economies. Instawork has been featured on CBS News, the Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, Associated Press, and more. In 2022, Instawork was ranked among the country’s top 10% of fastest-growing companies by Inc. 5000 and was included in the Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup list. Instawork was also named the 2022 ACE Award recipient for “Best Innovation” and one of the “Best Business Apps” by Business Insider. Instawork helps businesses in the food & beverage, hospitality, and warehouse/logistics industries fill temporary and permanent job opportunities in more than 25 markets across the U.S. and Canada.
For more information visit www.instawork.com
We value diversity on our team and firmly believe Instawork is stronger when we hire people who make their own unique contributions to our culture. We welcome all applicants and encourage candidates from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.