QA Automation Engineer - SDET2
At Instawork, we’re driven by our vision to create economic opportunity for local businesses and skilled hourly professionals in communities around the world. With a growing number of hub cities across the world in the U.S., Canada, India, and beyond, we’re looking for top talent to help rapidly scale our high-tech and high-touch labor marketplace. Our accomplished and dedicated team is passionate about our mission and committed to crafting revolutionary products, all with the backing of our world-class investors, including Benchmark, Spark Capital, Craft Ventures, Greylock Capital, Y Combinator, and more!
Our QA team is growing and needs someone who is laser-focused on raising the software quality bar in a fast-paced environment. This position will give great exposure to the entire lifecycle of cross-platform development and provide a strong foundation for future roles in development / QA. This person will be responsible for building test automation, communicating quality updates across the engineering/product organizations, and manually testing new features.
What You'll Do
- Implement automation tests across both Web and Mobile (IOS & Android). We are willing to train people who have no automation experience but have strong programming skills.
- Manual testing and coverage for new features that have not yet been automated; Perform Black Box and White Box testing
- Manage and configure build servers used for running automation
- Work in collaboration with the development team in a continuous build & deployment process
- Create efficient test plans and maintain the test case repository as our product grows in functionality
Who You Are
- 3+ years experience with UI Automation testing tools. Bonus for Mobile (iOS/Android) experience using Appium and Selenium
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
- Knowledge of Relational Database such as MySQL is preferred.
- Self-motivated, especially in learning new software tools and best practices in software quality assurance.
- Startup mentality: self-starter, proactive, flexible.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Bias for Action -- We are a growing team and an evolving product. We want a team of doers to drive the company forward, even if it means making decisions with incomplete information or being wrong.
- Act Like an Owner -- Treat this company as though it is your own. Execute on the fundamentals, and act creatively to drive growth. Your ability to drive impact in any part of our company is limited by your courage and conviction, not your job title.
- Always Be Learning -- We are changing an entire industry. We strive to learn from each other and get better each day, week, and month, so that our team’s learnings can compound and we can all improve, together.
- Empathy, Trust, Candor -- Empathy for our business partners and professionals means we put ourselves in their shoes. Empathy for our colleagues means we are always upfront and honest with each other, which comes from trust.
Founded in 2016, Instawork is the leading flexible work app for local, hourly professionals. Its digital marketplace connects thousands of businesses and more than three million workers, filling a critical role in local economies. Instawork has been featured on CBS News, the Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, Associated Press, and more. In 2022, Instawork was ranked among the country’s top 10% of fastest-growing companies by Inc. 5000 and was included in the Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup list. Instawork was also named the 2022 ACE Award recipient for “Best Innovation” and one of the “Best Business Apps” by Business Insider. Instawork helps businesses in the food & beverage, hospitality, and warehouse/logistics industries fill temporary and permanent job opportunities in more than 25 markets across the U.S. and Canada.
For more information visit www.instawork.com
We value diversity on our team and firmly believe Instawork is stronger when we hire people who make their own unique contributions to our culture. We welcome all applicants and encourage candidates from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.