Social Media Marketing Intern
Social Media Marketing Intern
The June Care Company is hiring a Social Media Intern to work on our Marketing + Growth team at June Care. As June Care’s Social Media Intern, you will play an important role in building the brand, cultivating trust and creating positive brand awareness for June Care. Most of your work will be assisting with content creation, so if you love being creative, on trend, and brand storytelling, this job is for you.
About June Care
June Care is a venture-backed technology start-up. We are addressing the $75B opportunity gap in the childcare space by creating a marketplace that connects families who need childcare with nearby moms who can take care of their kids. June Care is creating a new category of marketplaces - Careshare - in the same way Uber/Lyft created the rideshare category.
- Stay informed about social media trends, platform updates, and competitor activities to ensure a competitive edge.
- Collaborate with the Marketing + Growth team to create compelling and visually appealing content for social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Tiktok, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- Consistently meet content production deadlines and deliver high-quality content in a timely manner.
- Research, find and recommend influencers on TikTok and other social platforms who could be good partners for June Care
- Community Engagement: Foster a sense of community by actively engaging with followers, responding to comments, and initiating conversations.
- Manage the inbox and respond to DMs and customer inquiries on Instagram and Facebook.
- Work closely alongside the Head of Marketing + Comms to help create + manage influencer contracts, timelines and invoices.
- Analytics and Reporting: Track and analyze key social media metrics to measure the success of campaigns and overall performance.
- Help manage promotions and giveaways to drive engagement and sales.
- Collaboration with copy, branding, marketing, and design and video leads to create engaging content across platforms.
- Assist in writing scripts, hooks, captions and storyboards for social media content using best practices to optimize content to maximize engagement.
- Familiar with social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Tiktok, X, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, and Snapchat.
- Creativity and an eye for design to create scroll stopping, visually appealing content.
- Ability to initiate, and manage projects autonomously.
- Strong relationship management skills to interact with followers.
- Strong knowledge of social media marketing best practices, trends, and social media algorithms.
- Excellent writing skills for caption writing, Youtube video descriptions and social media hooks.
- Familiarity with Canva design tools and experience creating Instagram reels and Tik Tok vidoes
- Must have experience with creating engaging content for Tik Tok and Instagram with strong editing skills.
- Creative thinker with a passion for developing and executing ideas.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to multitask effectively and ensure that projects are completed with accuracy.
- Must be creative and love brainstorming content ideas and bringing them to life
- Must be pursuing a degree in marketing, communications or social media
- Excellent Canva design skills
- Experience creating reels on Instagram and TikTok videos
- Excellent communication and writing skills (written and verbal)
- High attention to detail
- Tech-savvy with a willingness to learn and accept constructive feedback
- A passion for social media and staying on top of trends
- Not camera-shy
- Self-motivated storyteller
Will report to the Head of Marketing and Communications
Hours: 15 hours / week
Geographical Limitations: Pacific Time Zone, or willing to work similar hours. Ideal candidates will reside in San Diego, Orange County, Sacramento or the Bay Area, Calif.