About the role
We’re on a mission to make behavioral health more available and accessible. We're backed by a16Z, YCombinator, Craft, and many others to make this dream a reality.
Building an inclusive culture is one of our core tenets as a company. We’re very aware of the structural inequalities that exist, and recognize that underrepresented minorities are less likely to apply for a role if they don’t think they meet all of the requirements. If that’s you and you’re reading this, we’d like to encourage you to apply regardless — we’d love to get to know you and see if there’s a place for you here!
About Our Mission
At Juniper, we're building software for behavioral health clinicians to improve quality of care. We streamline and replace manual efforts so clinicians can focus on what they do best: providing high-quality care.
We started Juniper because we care about impact — the lack of supply for behavioral healthcare means those who need it most cannot access it. We believe this is one of the biggest problems out there today. It’s why we’re tackling this broken industry, and why we want you on this mission with us.
For more details on our thesis, check out our write-up What is Juniper?
About Our Culture
Our mission to change behavioral health starts with us and and how we operate. We don’t want to just change behavioral health, we want to change the way startups operate. Here are a few tactical examples:
Diversity, equity, and inclusion has been a priority since day 1. Currently, half of our leadership team (COO + CTO) identify as female, and our cap table includes over a dozen women. We still have a ways to go, but we’re committed to sourcing, hiring, and retaining talent from underrepresented folks in tech and outside of tech.
Behavioral health is something we live and breathe — all four members of the Juniper leadership team see therapists every week, and we have a specific mental health benefit to help if that's something you're interested in exploring!
We have to have a sense of humor. Healthcare is so broken, it's depressing if you don't laugh with us.
For more details take a look at our FAQs | Joining the Juniper Team!
About The Role
Our team is growing rapidly, and we’re looking for experienced, mission-driven data analysts who care about creating positive impact, love solving challenging problems, and will thrive in the fast-paced start-up life. This person will work with both technical and non-technical teammates to design and drive investigations into complex business problems, and to propose data-informed solutions.
What you’ll do:
- Autonomously propose and execute on investigations to answer ambiguous business questions with data, leveraging SQL and statistics. Explore, identify, and surface trends and opportunities of growth proactively.
- Partner deeply with our cross-functional teams (operations, engineering, billing, etc.) to define analytics requirements, help them answer questions with data analysis, and serve as a translator between functions using data
- Partner with Operations & Engineering teams to design tests (A/B, multivariate, etc.); track & measure the results, and analyze the results to quantify the impact on the business
- Build scalable and sustainable foundations of analysis, both from an infrastructure and from a business perspective
- Provide operational/useful insights to improve business critical metrics with a focus on the growth of the business
- Visualize, communicate, and present findings in an easily understandable and compelling way to teammates across the organization and to leadership
What we’re looking for:
- Penchant for analysis — outstanding analytical modeling and business problem-solving skills. Experience working with large datasets to extract, manipulate and analyze data using SQL
- Synthesis & communication skills — an ability to reduce sophisticated operational subjects into understandable and useful informational summaries and recommendations
- Throughput, velocity, and independence — an ability to drive and build projects from 0 to 1. To identify problems, build alignment, and implement solutions autonomously.
- Bias for action — a drive to dive in head-first into ambiguous problems, and to get hands dirty to find solutions.
- Alignment on company values — it’s the first chapter of our company story. You’ll be expected to cultivate and nurture existing values, and also play a lead role in shaping how it unfolds.
- Growth mindset — a mentality of approaching unknowns with excitement, a penchant for learning new skills and technologies to solve new data challenges.
Nice to have:
- Experience with visualization tools for data reporting such as Tableau, Looker
- Knowledge of ETL pipeline development using Python, dbt, or other languages/technologies
- Experience working with health insurance data
Juniper is based in New York City and are prioritizing in-person and hybrid candidates.
Any offer of employment is contingent on providing proof of Covid-19 vaccination prior to your start date, subject to approved medical and/or religious exemptions, in accordance with applicable law.
We’re on a mission to make behavioral health more available and accessible. We're backed by YCombinator, Craft, Zigg, and many others to make this dream a reality.
At Juniper, we build software for behavioral health clinicians to improve quality of care. We streamline and replace manual efforts so clinicians can focus on what they do best: providing high-quality care.
Behavioral health is broken. We think this is a problem worth solving, and we think we know how to solve it. Interested? Check out https://jobs.lever.co/juniperplatform.
We’re deeply rooted in the intersection of healthcare and technology — the founders were previously healthcare consultants (at McKinsey) and all have technical backgrounds.
The engineering team brings a breadth of experience (AWS, Bloomberg, Palantir, Headway). Our head of engineering previously led a team of 10 at AWS and is invested in building a first-class team of engineers with a focus on developing a diverse, inclusive, and supportive culture.
We started Juniper because we care about impact — the lack of supply for behavioral healthcare means those who need it most cannot access it. We see this as a once in a lifetime opportunity to fix a broken industry, and why we want you on this journey with us.