Full-Stack Account Executive
About the role
We’re on a mission to make behavioral health more available and accessible. We're backed by a16z, YCombinator, Craft, and many others to make this dream a reality.
Building an inclusive culture is one of our core tenets as a company. We’re very aware of the structural inequalities that exist, and recognize that underrepresented minorities are less likely to apply for a role if they don’t think they meet all of the requirements. If that’s you and you’re reading this, we’d like to encourage you to apply regardless — we’d love to get to know you and see if there’s a place for you here!
About Our Mission
At Juniper, we're building software for behavioral health clinicians to improve quality of care. We streamline and replace manual efforts so clinicians can focus on what they do best: providing high-quality care.
We started Juniper because we care about impact — the lack of supply for behavioral healthcare means those who need it most cannot access it. We believe this is one of the biggest problems out there today. It’s why we’re tackling this broken industry, and why we want you on this mission with us.
For more details on our thesis, check out our write-up What is Juniper?.
About Our Culture
Our mission to change behavioral health starts with us and and how we operate. We don’t want to just change behavioral health, we want to change the way startups operate. Here are a few tactical examples:
Diversity, equity, and inclusion has been a priority since day 1. Currently, half of our leadership team (COO + CTO) identify as female, and our cap table includes over a dozen women. We still have a ways to go, but we’re committed to sourcing, hiring, and retaining talent from underrepresented folks in tech and outside of tech.
Behavioral health is something we live and breathe — all four members of the Juniper leadership team see therapists every week, and we have a specific mental health benefit to help if that's something you're interested in exploring!
We have to have a sense of humor. Healthcare is so broken, it's depressing if you don't laugh with us.
For more details on how we operate as a company, take a look at our FAQs | Joining the Juniper Team!
About The Role
Our team is growing rapidly, and we’re looking for mission-driven, Full Stack Account Executives who care deeply about building deep and genuine connections with prospective customers, owning the sales cycle from end to end, digging deep to find creative solutions to new challenges, and inspiring others to see the future of healthcare technology. Our first full stack AEs will be crucial in defining how we build and scale our sales organization for the first time.
What you'll do:
- Execute the full sales cycle, from prospecting and lead generation to closing deals and achieving sales targets.
- Operate in the field, engaging in door-to-door clinic sales and building relationships with potential clients.
- Inspire external stakeholders by effectively communicating our vision and the future of the healthcare space.
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure successful onboarding and implementation of new clients.
- Work directly with co-founders to help build out our sales organization as we rapidly grow.
What we’re looking for:
- Independence, throughput, and velocity from start to finish — we're looking for someone with a proven track record of success in full-stack sales, including prospecting, lead generation, and closing deals.
- Strong ability to build trust, connect with stakeholders on a personal level, and inspire them to embrace our vision.
- Grit, tenacity, and creativity — our sales execution often requires extreme persistence and out-of-the-box ideas, especially when we approach new geographies and treatment verticals.
- Growth mindset — a mentality of approaching unknowns with excitement, with an ability to learn skills quickly to solve new operational challenges. We're looking for someone comfortable with the ambiguity of early startup sales organizations that can help define how we grow.
- Alignment on company values — it’s the first chapter of our company story. You’ll be expected to cultivate and nurture existing values, and also play a lead role in shaping how it unfolds.
We're prioritizing in-person and hybrid candidates in San Francisco excited by opportunities to build our first sales organization on the ground — and define how we build up future teams at scale. We expect there to be active travel to various U.S. states for door-to-door field sales, industry conferences, and visits to prospective and current clinic customers. Travel tends to be by state on weekdays, with the exception of weekend conferences.
Any offer of employment is contingent on providing proof of Covid-19 vaccination prior to your start date, subject to approved medical and/or religious exemptions, in accordance with applicable law.
We’re on a mission to make behavioral health more available and accessible. We're backed by YCombinator, Craft, Zigg, and many others to make this dream a reality.
At Juniper, we build software for behavioral health clinicians to improve quality of care. We streamline and replace manual efforts so clinicians can focus on what they do best: providing high-quality care.
Behavioral health is broken. We think this is a problem worth solving, and we think we know how to solve it. Interested? Check out https://jobs.lever.co/juniperplatform.
We’re deeply rooted in the intersection of healthcare and technology — the founders were previously healthcare consultants (at McKinsey) and all have technical backgrounds.
The engineering team brings a breadth of experience (AWS, Bloomberg, Palantir, Headway). Our head of engineering previously led a team of 10 at AWS and is invested in building a first-class team of engineers with a focus on developing a diverse, inclusive, and supportive culture.
We started Juniper because we care about impact — the lack of supply for behavioral healthcare means those who need it most cannot access it. We see this as a once in a lifetime opportunity to fix a broken industry, and why we want you on this journey with us.