Senior Frontend Engineer
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Thursday, February 2, 2023
We’re a highly skilled team of software engineers who are building an awesome product and moving fast. We value people who take initiatives, and empower everyone at Klue to make a real change in the product or processes.
We are looking for a Frontend Engineer to work with our team to deliver high quality products in the most efficient way.
💡Klue + You?
Q: Klue who?
A: We’re Klue and from a technical perspective, Klue’s mission is to descale huge amounts of data to the human level, so people can process it and make use of it. Klue is that trusted intermediary, right now it’s proven for sales enablement, but tomorrow it’s all teams enablement.
Q: What level of experience are we looking for?
A: Right now, we are looking for senior level Frontend Engineers.
Q: What is our development team working on?
A: Working in cross-functional teams with other disciplines, our Frontend Engineers are primarily focused on the technical design, implementation, and testing of features in Klue.
Here are a few things the team is currently working on:
A new frontend architecture – rebuilding on a more scalable foundation.
A design system – formalizing our dev+UX standards and guidelines for a more scalable user experience.
Better documentation – improving our documentation for a more scalable team.
Q: What is our current tech stack?
A: TypeScript, React, Playwright, Jest, Storybook (& Chromatic), Ruby (Rails)
We code review all changes, continuously integrate, pay down technical debt, and aim for high automated test coverage. We believe in using whatever tools make sense to get the job done and support our game-changing innovation.
Q: Are you REMOTE FRIENDLY 🤩 ?
A: YES! Our hub is in Vancouver, BC, but we currently have team members across Canada and other countries.
Q: What skills do you bring?
- depth and breadth of experience developing, deploying, and maintaining responsive, single page apps.
- depth and breadth of experience debugging, optimizing, and testing (unit/regression/cross-browser) responsive, single page apps.
- Experience with SOA and REST APIs
Q: What motivates our current team right now?
- We work as a team. Pairing and PR reviews are a critical part of our process.
- We are open to giving and receiving feedback about our code and about ourselves – it helps us grow.
- We foster an environment where you can feel safe to: be yourself, challenge yourself, ask questions, provide input, fail, do your best work.
- We work together to create code that solves interesting and challenging problems in elegant and scalable ways. We encourage innovation, autonomy, and accountability.
- We use a modern tech stack, support open source, spend money where it makes sense, and value DX as highly as UX.
- We inspire each other and help one another to be our best. (We also hire skilled and proven leaders for that purpose.) We do this with the understanding that, like the product we create, we are never finished – there is always room for improvement. We are open, transparent, and honest with each other.
- We work as a team.
Q: What about total compensation & benefits?
- Benefits. We currently have extended health benefits starting on your 1st day.
- Time off. Take what you need. We want the team to prioritize wellness and avoid burnout. Vacation usually falls into 3 categories: recharging, life-event, & keeping a work-life balance. Just ensure the required work gets done and clear it with your team in advance. You need to take at least two weeks off every year. The average Klue team member takes 2-4 weeks of PTO per year.
- Hybrid work model, flexible working schedules, and a global team.
⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️
Lastly, we take potential into consideration. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted in lieu of the specifics listed above. If you know you have what it takes, even if that’s different from what we’ve described, be sure to explain why in your application. Reach out and let’s see if there is a home here for you now or in the future.
We’ve made a commitment to support and contribute to a diverse environment; on our teams and in our community. We’re early in our journey; we've started employee led resource groups, committed to Pay Up For Progress, and use success profiles for roles instead of 'years of experience'. We continue to scale our efforts as Klue grows. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and have dedicated that commitment to our current and future #kluecrew. During the interview process, please let us know if there is anything we need to make more accessible or accommodate to support you to be successful.
All interviews will be conducted via video calls. We work in a hybrid model of WFH (remote) and in-office. We’re excited to meet you and in the meantime, get to know us:
✅✅ Win-Loss Acquisition (2023)
🅰️ Series A (2020)
🐅 Series B (2021)
🐝 About Us
See more open positions at Klue
Something looks off?