Principal Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
At Luminai we develop technology to reliably migrate and manage enterprise business processes with scalable automation infrastructure, using safe and effective AI. We're working hard on helping people spend less time on repetitive monotonous tasks that a computer could do, and instead let them focus on things that matter. Luminai is revolutionizing the way in which operational teams get work done, by developing and deploying more efficient ways to complete activities. You'll be working on cutting edge software with a team of people who are very supportive and collaborative, and care a lot about details.
What problem are we solving? High growth, fast-paced organizations are constantly and continuously deploying new products, solutions and features - which in turn creates new and complex processes for downstream teams including customer support. These teams become stretched thin and less efficient. Common problems, as simple as performing a refund, often require multi-platform touch points for team members which is frequently solved manually in a very repetitive manner. Luminai creates unparalleled efficiencies in how resolutions are achieved by serving as an enterprise OS connecting multiple platforms that people use, which significantly improves team member happiness and end customer experience.
We're looking for a passionate and skilled Principal SWE who wants to swing for the fences to accomplish our mission, is excited by a startup environment where the hardest problems are yet to be solved, and is eager to learn and collaborate together. This is a senior individual contributor role.
We have an office in San Mateo, California that most of our team works out of. For this role, we'd consider both hybrid (Bay Area) and Remote employees.
What you'll do:
- Team Management: Lead, mentor, and coach a team of developers. Manage workload, assignments, and performance evaluations to foster professional growth and productivity.
- Code Review: Conduct regular code reviews to ensure code quality and adherence to established coding standards. Provide constructive feedback to the development team to improve their skills and code quality.
- Collaboration: Collaborate closely with all tech and non-tech stakeholders to understand project requirements and translate them into technical solutions. Foster a collaborative work environment.
- Quality Assurance: Oversee and implement quality assurance and testing processes to ensure the reliability and performance of web applications. Implement automated testing strategies where applicable.
- Performance Optimization: Continuously monitor the performance of web applications and take steps to optimize them for speed and responsiveness.
- Documentation: Maintain comprehensive documentation for code, architecture, and processes to facilitate knowledge sharing within the team.
- Communicate & Share: Effectively communicate test progress, results, and any roadblocks to project stakeholders.
We deeply value generalist software engineers who can engage with new problems and get things done at a startup, and our team members come from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. If you have some of these, you might be a good fit:
- A minimum of 4 years of experience as a software engineer, and 1 or more years of technical lead experience
- Proven experience at a high-growth technology company
- Familiarity with version control systems and continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines
- Excellent analytical skills with a keen eye for detail
- A willingness to wear many hats / a flexible attitude towards responsibilities and scope
- Strong problem-solving abilities and a proactive attitude toward issue resolution
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Collaborative team member: You can easily and readily communicate cross-functionally, with non-technical teams
- Leadership: You want to help shape the culture of the company and help us to build and scale a best-in-class team
Benefits & Perks at Luminai:
- Comprehensive health care benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Flexible paid time off
- Financial planning support (401K, HSA, DSA)
- 12 weeks paid primary-caregiver parental leave (plus part time re-entry and non-concurrent leave opportunities); 6 weeks paid secondary caregiver parental leave
- Stipends for mental and physical wellness
- Work laptop