We’re living at the dawn of a borderless world, but most people still don't have the tools needed to engage in critical high-trust services including everything from access to financial services, to sharing assets in peer-to-peer marketplaces, and even managing talent. At MetaMap, our work is centered on addressing this gap by building an identity data protocol that surfaces merits in the form of legal, financial, and work data. We’re energized by the unlimited potential that comes from this collective coordination, the removal of barriers to access, and the future we’re building towards — one that is interconnected and equitable. If you believe in our mission to help unlock borderless growth too, come join the MetaMap team!
About the role
The Global Controller will be responsible for the recruitment of key team members and the management of the financial reporting function, including interacting with third-party advisors and external auditors. As we continue our international expansion, this role will drive the structure, rollout, and ongoing oversight from a financial perspective.
This role will enforce the current financial reporting policies and implement improvements to the company's internal controls. This person will be a key member of the Finance team and will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems, ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements
- Revenue recognition: Serve as the subject matter expert for revenue recognition and technical accounting matters
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for SaaS sales results, revenue reporting, accruals, and cash management
- Coordinate all audit and tax activity, comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Lead and build a high-performing accounting team, provide the structure and vision needed for the team to excel as the company grows
- Support the Chief Financial Officer with all Board of Director reporting needs
- Partner with FP&A and Financial Reporting teams regarding monthly variance analysis, management reporting, and GAAP reporting
- Develop and implement necessary financial accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls
- Work collaboratively across departmental functions, providing actionable insights to help drive optimal business decisions
- Drive stock-based compensation expense calculation and equity roll forward
Skills & Experience
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance or an equivalent field with a CPA required
- 10+ years of total experience, including at least 5 years in a corporate environment
- Experience leading successful teams and operating within the GAAP framework
- Experience with international accounting operations and multiple entity consolidation
- Proven track record of defining, documenting, and successfully implementing accounting processes and procedures
- Experience managing multiple projects and driving initiatives in a complex, fast-changing environment
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Quickbooks, Netsuite, Stripe, and Salesforce
- Advanced Excel skills
- Spanish Speaking
- Both Big Four public accounting and SaaS experience
MetaMap is building tools that power a borderless world where everyone has equal access to opportunity based on their merits. As a proud equal opportunity employer, we live by these same values, celebrate diversity, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. We are also committed to a fair and inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
We evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or any other legally protected class. All employment decisions including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.