Staff, Product Marketing Manager
We’re living at the dawn of a borderless world, but most people still don't have the tools needed to engage in critical high-trust services including everything from access to financial services, to sharing assets in peer-to-peer marketplaces, and even managing talent. At MetaMap, our work is centered on addressing this gap by building an identity data protocol that surfaces merits in the form of legal, financial, and work data. We’re energized by the unlimited potential that comes from this collective coordination, the removal of barriers to access, and the future we’re building towards — one that is interconnected and equitable. If you believe in our mission to help unlock borderless growth too, come join the MetaMap team!
About the role
As a Product Marketing Manager at Metamap, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the success of our products. You will be responsible for developing and executing strategic marketing plans, creating compelling messaging and positioning. This is a highly cross-functional role that will partner closely with product, sales, and other teams across the marketing organization to ensure the successful launch and ongoing promotion of our products. You will help define market opportunities and influence product development through well-defined market requirements. This is a unique opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment and make a significant impact on our company's growth.
- Customer-Centric Approach: Develop an understanding of the customer backed by data analysis and customer feedback, including the creation of customer personas to guide product and marketing decisions
- Execute Go-To-Market Strategies: Develop go-to-market strategies and communication materials that effectively convey core value propositions and drive increased product/feature adoption
- Sales Enablement: Provide training to the Sales team and the wider company, ensuring a deep understanding of our product’s benefits and market positioning
- Customer Engagement: Establish and maintain a consistent process for customer communications and ongoing user engagement, fostering a strong connection with our user base
- Competitor Analysis: Stay current on industry competitors, both in terms of product offers and messaging strategies, to inform our competitive positioning and differentiation
- Case Study Development: Lead the creation of a compelling set of case studies that effectively showcase the unique value that MetaMap brings to our users and clients
- Product-Driven Insights: Collaborate closely with the Product team to define and achieve product-market fit for upcoming releases, then leverage insights into compelling product-specific messaging strategies
Skills & Experience
- Product Marketing Expertise: 10+ years of experience in marketing, partnering closely with Product teams
- Customer-Centric Approach: A deep commitment to understanding customer needs and behaviors, demonstrated by actively engaging with customers, including meeting with customers or listening to calls
- Relentlessly Curious: Thrives in a fast-paced environment, consistently exploring new directions and relentlessly innovating in pursuit of our north star
- Next-Level Project Management: Highly organized, with the ability to manage and prioritize complex, interdependent workstreams in a rapidly changing environment while ensuring all work stays on course and deadlines are met
- Effective Leadership: Proven experience in leading successful individuals or teams and guiding them toward achieving ambitious goals
- Compelling Storytelling: Excellent verbal and written communication skills, coupled with a deep understanding of user empathy, allowing adaptation of communication styles to effectively engage diverse audiences
- Highly Data-Fluent: Proficient in using product analysis tools such as Heap, Mixpanel, Salesforce, Gong, and others to extract insights and inform how we position our products in the market
- Collaborative Team Player: Ability to work, collaborate, and influence across teams with an ego-less approach
- Skilled Researcher: Experience in conducting customer research, engaging with customers directly, utilizing research tools, and leveraging online resources to uncover valuable insights that inform the overall product marketing strategy
- Spanish Speaking. Proficient in the Spanish language, enabling effective communication and engagement with Spanish-speaking markets and customers - this is a plus but not required
MetaMap is building tools that power a borderless world where everyone has equal access to opportunity based on their merits. As a proud equal opportunity employer, we live by these same values, celebrate diversity, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. We are also committed to a fair and inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
We evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or any other legally protected class. All employment decisions including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.