We are creating the future of brain-computer interfaces: building devices now that have the potential to help people with paralysis regain mobility and independence and invent new technologies that could expand our abilities, our community, and our world.
The animal care team is responsible for providing care for NLK animals in the areas of husbandry, enrichment, cooperative veterinary medicine, and behavioral health/ training. Animal care specialists will create and implement refinements that ensure animals have access to basic needs, species-typical behaviors, agency, and joy (defined by engaging in preferred activities). They will also develop and maintain behavioral intervention plans to maximize well-being using a methodology based on PRT and the science of Applied Behavior Analysis. Team members will also coordinate with engineers and researchers to conduct voluntary research task sessions and collect data for study usage to maintain high welfare standards while furthering Neuralink’s mission.
The Veterinary Pathologist plays a crucial role in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases in animals. They specialize in the examination and analysis of animal tissues and fluids to identify and understand the causes and progression of diseases. The Veterinary Pathologist collaborates with veterinary clinicians and researchers to provide accurate and timely diagnostic pathology services. They also contribute to research studies and participate in the development of treatment strategies for various animal species.
- Perform necropsies and biopsies on animals to collect tissue samples for analysis.
- Conduct thorough microscopic examination of tissue specimens to identify and characterize abnormal cellular and tissue changes.
- Interpret and analyze pathological findings to establish an accurate diagnosis of diseases in animals.
- Prepare comprehensive pathology reports documenting diagnostic findings and recommendations for treatment or further investigations.
- Consult with veterinary clinicians and researchers to discuss pathology findings and contribute to treatment planning.
- Ensure proper maintenance, calibration, and quality control of laboratory equipment.
- Develop and implement standardized laboratory procedures and protocols.
- Maintain accurate records of laboratory activities, including specimen tracking and test results.
Research and Collaboration:
- Collaborate with veterinary clinicians and researchers on research projects related to animal health and diseases.
- Participate in the design and execution of experiments and studies to investigate the etiology and pathogenesis of diseases.
- Analyze and interpret research data, and contribute to the preparation of scientific publications and presentations.
- Stay updated with current literature and advancements in veterinary pathology to enhance diagnostic capabilities and contribute to the field's knowledge base.
- Continuing Education and Professional Development:
- Engage in continuous learning and professional development activities to stay abreast of the latest advancements in veterinary pathology.
- Maintain licensure and board certification requirements as necessary.
Collaboration and Communication:
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams, including veterinarians, researchers, and laboratory staff, to ensure effective communication and coordination of diagnostic and research activities.
- Provide consultation and expertise to veterinary colleagues regarding diagnostic and therapeutic approaches for challenging cases.
- Communicate pathology findings and recommendations clearly and effectively to the company.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or equivalent degree from an accredited institution.
- Completion of a residency program in veterinary pathology accredited by the American College of Veterinary Pathologists (ACVP).
- Board certification or eligibility for board certification by the ACVP.
- Strong knowledge of veterinary anatomy, physiology, and pathology.
- Proficiency in gross and microscopic examination of animal tissues.
- Excellent diagnostic skills and ability to interpret complex pathological findings.
- Experience with laboratory techniques and equipment used in veterinary pathology.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Effective communication skills to convey complex information to diverse audiences.
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain accurate records.
- Proficient computer skills, including the use of laboratory information systems and digital pathology tools.
- Ability to perform necropsies and handle animal specimens, which may include lifting and manipulating heavy carcasses.
- Capacity to work in a BSL 2 laboratory environment, including exposure to chemicals and potentially hazardous materials.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and most talented experts from different fields.
- Growth potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance through a PPO plan; parental leave.
- Flexible time off + paid holidays.
- Equity + 401(k) plan.
- Commuter Benefits.
- Meals provided.
Multiple studies have found that a higher percentage of women and BIPOC candidates won't apply if they don't meet every listed qualification. Neuralink values candidates of all backgrounds. If you find yourself excited by our mission but you don't check every box in the description, we encourage you to apply anyway!
Neuralink provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training and social, and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.