Accounting Operations Intern
We are creating the future of brain-computer interfaces: building devices now that have the potential to help people with paralysis regain mobility and independence and invent new technologies that could expand our abilities, our community, and our world.
We are hiring an Accounting Operations Intern who will be an integral part of our accounting team. This role will help support daily accounts payable tasks such as invoice processing, vendor onboarding, & credit card reconciliation, as well as supporting process improvement projects for the Accounts Payable Team.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness in processing invoices (approx. 1,000/month) and expenses.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high-volume environment.
- Conduct rigorous verification of invoices and supporting documents.
- Proactively address discrepancies and assist in resolving issues.
- Ensure that all invoices are processed prior to the month end close due date.
- Engage in special projects and assignments as directed by the Accounting Operations Manager.
- Inquire and enter the Vendor onboarding data, upload digital documents related to accounts payable, such as construction lien releases, contracts, purchase orders, and agreements
- Handle inquiries from vendors regarding payments, invoices, credit memos and discrepancies. Maintain a professional and positive relationship with external parties.
- Reconcile monthly statements submitted by vendors to ensure all of the invoices and credit memos are in the system, accurate and up to date. Inquire missing invoices and credit memos from vendors.
- Enrolled in a degree program in accounting, finance, or a related field.
- Exceptional attention to detail and a strong commitment to precision.
- Proficiency in advanced Microsoft Excel and Google Drive.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and communication skills.
- Thrives in a high-pressure, fast-paced startup environment.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to emerging industry standards.
- Experience with Quickbooks Online
- Experience with Zip
Based on California law, the following details are for California individuals only:
California hourly rate range:
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and most talented experts from different fields.
- Growth potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance through a PPO plan; parental leave.
- Flexible time off + paid holidays.
- Equity + 401(k) plan.
- Commuter Benefits.
- Meals provided.
Multiple studies have found that a higher percentage of women and BIPOC candidates won't apply if they don't meet every listed qualification. Neuralink values candidates of all backgrounds. If you find yourself excited by our mission but you don't check every box in the description, we encourage you to apply anyway!
Neuralink provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training and social, and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.
If you need a reasonable accommodation at any point in the interview process, please let us know. Reasonable accommodations are modifications or adjustments to the application or hiring process that would enable you to fully participate in those processes. Examples of reasonable accommodations include but are not limited to:
- Documents in alternate formats or read aloud to you
- Having interviews in an accessible location
- Being accompanied by a service dog
- Having a sign language interpreter present for the interview