Director of Product Marketing
At Northspyre, you’ll join the incredible journey of transforming the way modern real estate teams manage complex projects. Leveraging data, automation and artificial intelligence, Northspyre helps facilitate faster, more predictable outcomes on complex real estate projects. In 5 years, our platform has already facilitated more than $125 billion of complex projects across the United States.
We are a passionate, collaborative, and diverse team who are eager to roll-up our sleeves and make an impact at a startup that has the confidence and backing of some of the same investors who backed other revolutionary, industry transforming companies like SpaceX, Tesla, and Airbnb.
Help us build software that builds the world!
About the opportunity
Northspyre is looking for a Director of Product Marketing to join our fast-growing venture-backed startup team. The Director of Product Marketing will play a critical role in catalyzing growth for our products post our $25M Series B raise and managing a team for a product that is an early category leader.
In this position you will lead and scale our company’s product marketing function to match our rapid growth. You will work cross-functionally with our product team, executive leadership, and other go-to-market functions to build, market, sell and support our first to-market products in commercial real estate, while also playing a key role in defining the future vision and strategy of Northspyre.
You’ll have the opportunity to make an immediate impact on our business and execute programs across the entire product-marketing landscape including customer research, content marketing strategy, positioning and messaging, customer advocacy, and serving as a product expert.
In this role, you’ll get to
- Scale our product marketing discipline.
- Build strong, trusting relationships with Product, Sales, and Customer Success leadership.
- Lead and expand our customer advocacy programs, turning customer feedback and success stories into powerful marketing tools, and ensuring our product and marketing strategies are consistently aligned with our customers' evolving needs and experiences.
- Coordinate with the product team to guide product roadmaps, pricing, and future product releases using data-backed insights from industry research as well as consumer research, feedback, and behavior.
- Own our product release process in tight coordination with our product and engineering teams. You are the person on the team that can take deep technical product understanding / expertise and break it into bite sized chunks for the market to understand.
- Strategically manage and continuously refine our buyer personas and messaging, collaborating closely with marketing, sales, and customer success teams to ensure our messaging is precisely tailored and consistently resonates with each persona's unique needs and preferences.
- Work with our marketing and sales teams to test our developed messaging in the market and use feedback to further refine our framework.
- Work with / directly manage agencies and internal teams to develop content for marketing materials including podcasts, webinars, and product demos. Develop schedules and cadences for these materials and work to maintain release deadlines to support marketing efforts.
- Partner with marketing, sales, and enablement to continually improve conversion rates at each stage of the funnel through tailored content.
- Lead, mentor, and collaborate with a sharp team of content creators and storytellers.
We are looking for people who have
- 5+ years of B2B product marketing experience in a high growth environment. You have a successful and demonstrable track record of working with customers from mid-market to enterprise.
- You are customer-obsessed and use customer research to influence programs around pricing and packaging, positioning and messaging, product launches, and all other assets that support successful go-to-market efforts.
- A track record of translating market understanding into action. You've successfully developed and driven the adoption of company and product-level positioning and messaging frameworks. You've worked with Product Managers to develop market intelligence and business cases to inform roadmap development.
- You develop meaningful market analysis and deep competitive intelligence that drive differentiated, high value products and features, and allows you to participate in the launch cycle from end to end.
- You act as the voice of the customer because you dive deeply into their needs and problem spaces, enabling you to identify target personas, document them, and educate and align our internal teams around them.
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to influence others as appropriate. You have experience transforming complex concepts, features, and capabilities into clear and concise value-based messages and compelling narratives. You can tell powerful customers stories that couple deep empathy with powerful written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management and operational skills. You have experience leading complex, cross-functional initiatives from start to finish while consistently meeting deadlines. You work effectively across Marketing, Demand Generation, Sales, CS, and Product.
- Can-do attitude, natural curiosity, resourcefulness, and adaptability. You're eager to dive in and solve problems, talk to people, do research, and then share what you’ve learned and turn insights into action.
- You have excellent presentation and interpersonal skills, with the ability to present to audiences of all levels and sizes (company-wide to Executive team). You're a relationship-builder and excel at bringing together team members of all seniority levels and driving execution against a common goal.
- You thrive on individual execution, contribution and quality work but also enjoy creating high performing teams, and welcome the opportunity to collaborate with the executive team frequently.
- People management experience: You’ve had responsibility for hiring and managing others.
Bonus points if you have:
- Real estate development experience or exposure or experience at a proptech company.
- Experience with Google Analytics, HubSpot Marketing, LinkedIn Campaign Manager, Facebook Ads and Google Ads a plus
- Experience researching pricing and packaging and developing data-driven roadmaps for these functions.
- A hungry, infectious personality: we’re looking for someone determined and driven to win
A reasonable estimate of the total compensation range for this role’s listed level is currently $130k - $200k but may vary based on local market data by region. Role levels and salary ranges take into account a number of factors including, but not limited to, interview performance, skills, experience, knowledge, training and education, certifications and licenses, market data and other business needs.
This role is also eligible for equity and benefits.
Benefits and Perks (Full-Time Employees)
- In addition to a competitive salary, we are offering a meaningful stock option package
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision. Multiple plan options, including a plan option for 100% employer-paid premium for individual coverage for full-time employees.
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (Fully vested after 6 mo eligibility period)
- Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Leave, and major US Holidays
- $45 monthly stipend towards ClassPass (fitness/spa)
- Awesome company swag!
- Free access to Health Advocate
- Remote-first work environment -we have an office in NYC, but our teammates are all over the United States and around the world
- You will be part of a small, professional fast-moving team with minimal supervision
- Annual team gatherings
Top Three Reasons to Join
#1: It’s the Right Time – We’ve already facilitated more than $125 billion of complex projects across the United States
#2. Northspyre has the right product – Our technology empowers modern real estate teams to build leveraging data, automation and artificial intelligence to get to faster, more predictable outcomes on complex projects.
#3. Northspyre celebrates a culture of creativity – We strive to have a sense of community within Northspyre that encourages diverse viewpoints, openness, and fostering an environment in which employees feel comfortable bringing their whole authentic selves to work.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.