Fraud Operations Manager
For millions of teams working in dozens of industries, day-to-day business gets done on the phone. So why—despite the huge leaps we've taken in design and usability—does most business phone software still look, feel, and act like it was born in the 90s? OpenPhone is changing that.
We’re a new type of business phone with a mission to help people communicate better and be more productive.
We’re backed by Y Combinator and some of the best venture firms around including Tiger Global, Craft Ventures, Slow Ventures, and others. We take pride in providing an exceptional customer experience and a product people love, which is why we’re excited that our customers have rated us the #1 VoIP Provider on G2.
OpenPhone is the modern, sophisticated answer to the clunky, outdated phone systems that have been slowing down businesses for years. And after earning over 25,000 happy customers and 56M in funding in just four years, it's safe to say we're onto something big.
OpenPhone is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Fraud Operations Manager to join our team. As a founding member of OpenPhone's Fraud Operations team, you will play a crucial role in identifying, analyzing, and mitigating fraud activities to ensure the integrity of OpenPhone's services. This role requires an understanding of fraud concepts, fluency with data, and the ability to drive a broad set of projects fairly independently. The role also requires the ability to work with cross-functional teams (product, engineering, data, biz ops, and finance) to influence and execute on risk strategies.
- Develop and optimize fraud detection rules related to identity, payments, and voice and messaging schemes
- Deep dive into individual fraud events to perform root cause analyses and provide a data driven approach to develop fraud defenses
- Leverage internal and external data to develop best-in-class fraud policies (e.g. identity/first party fraud, transaction fraud, account takeover fraud, KYC, etc.)
- Partner with product, data/engineering and support teams to execute fraud policies
- Research emerging fraud trends to innovate on decisioning systems and policies
- Manage all aspects of payments related disputes
- 5 to 8 years experience in fraud analysis, trust and safety, risk management, or related fields
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze large data sets and identify trends
- Highly proficient in SQL and BI tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues to a variety of audiences
- Ability to work independently, take ownership of tasks, and prioritize work effectively
- Knowledge of relevant industry regulations and standards, such as the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regulations, is a plus
If you are passionate about fraud prevention, have a keen eye for detail, and enjoy working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, we would love to hear from you. Join us at OpenPhone!
As a fully remote company, we thrive asynchronously as a team. We are curious, ambitious, and dedicated to our work. We value trust above all else, and have a strong bias for action. If you're looking for a place to do your life's work, please get in touch. We'd love to hear from you.
And remember, there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. We're looking for optimists with grit and determination, who are excited to face the challenges of a growing startup. OpenPhone is the type of company where you can grow, and we encourage you to apply for this role even if you don't think you meet all the requirements.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. It is important that you are able to bring your authentic self to work every day. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.