For millions of teams working in dozens of industries, day-to-day business gets done on the phone. So why — despite the huge leaps we've taken in design and usability — does most business phone software still look, feel, and act like it was born in the 90s? OpenPhone is changing that.
We’re a new type of business phone with a mission to help people communicate better and be more productive.
We’re backed by Y Combinator and some of the best venture firms around including Tiger Global, Craft Ventures, Slow Ventures, and others. We take pride in providing an exceptional customer experience and a product people love, which is why we’re excited that our customers have rated us the #1 VoIP Provider on G2.
OpenPhone is the modern, sophisticated answer to the clunky, outdated phone systems that have been slowing down businesses for years. With thousands happy customers and several rounds of funding in just five years, it's safe to say we're onto something big.
We're looking for an experienced and passionate Product Designer in search of their next opportunity. As only the third Product Designer to join our small but mighty team, you'll have the ability to make a big impact in the way we delight our customers through beautiful product experiences.
Some of the things you’ll do
- Tackle a broad range of projects across our desktop and mobile apps, from inception to completion.
- Prototype and test out concepts and ideas to help validate hypotheses and arrive at the best outcomes.
- Sweat the details in everything you design with pixel perfection, leaving nothing up for ambiguity.
- Collaborate with our Product and Research teams to create beautiful and valuable product experiences that truly delight our customers and help them grow their businesses.
- Self-identify areas of improvement and opportunities for delight in our product, leading your own design and feature initiatives.
- Communicate features, UI details, and user flows to the Engineering team to ensure a smooth handover and pixel-perfect end results.
- Help maintain and evolve our design system, component libraries, and product guidelines.
- Roll up your sleeves, get involved, collaborate with the rest of the company, and help us deliver something extraordinary!
- You have 5+ years of professional product design experience designing for both desktop and mobile apps, including strong fundamentals across UI design, user experience, and visual design.
- You use Figma as your primary design tool.
- You understand the importance of keeping things simple and ensuring nothing gets in the way of the core product experience.
- You’re super passionate about what you do and dedicated to delivering the highest quality in everything you create.
- You can stay on top of current design trends and best practices, but also know when to venture off and break the mold.
- You're a self-starter and exceptional communicator, able to thrive in a fast-paced, remote, and distributed working environment.
- You can be scrappy and versatile when needed, able to wear many hats, and work outside of your comfort zone.
- Bonus points if you have motion design or copywriting skills, or if you have experience with Storybook.
As a fully remote company, we thrive asynchronously as a team. We are curious, ambitious, and dedicated to our work. We value trust above all else, and have a strong bias for action. If you're looking for a place to do your life's work, please get in touch. We'd love to hear from you.
And remember, there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. We're looking for optimists with grit and determination, who are excited to face the challenges of a growing startup. OpenPhone is the type of company where you can grow, and we encourage you to apply for this role even if you don't think you meet all the requirements.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. It is important that you are able to bring your authentic self to work every day. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.