For millions of teams working in dozens of industries, day-to-day business gets done on the phone. So why — despite the huge leaps we've taken in design and usability — does most business phone software still look, feel, and act like it was born in the 90s? OpenPhone is changing that.
We’re a new type of business phone with a mission to help people communicate better and be more productive.
We’re backed by Y Combinator and some of the best venture firms around including Tiger Global, Craft Ventures, Slow Ventures, and others. We take pride in providing an exceptional customer experience and a product people love, which is why we’re excited that our customers have rated us the #1 VoIP Provider on G2.
OpenPhone is the modern, sophisticated answer to the clunky, outdated phone systems that have been slowing down businesses for years. With thousands happy customers and several rounds of funding in just five years, it's safe to say we're onto something big.
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Partnerships Lead to drive the creation and expansion of our partnership ecosystem. This role is pivotal in driving growth through the establishment of strategic partnerships with a focus on the reseller marketplace and referral partnerships.
As the Partnerships Lead at OpenPhone, you will work closely with our leadership team across finance, marketing, sales, and product to drive the next phase of growth for OpenPhone. You will create and deploy strategies for accelerating our product partnerships program as well as launching a reseller marketplace. Your scope will be servicing our North American customer base and you will have company-wide impact by building a new revenue stream from ground up.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive partnership strategy in alignment with OpenPhone's goals for FY'25 that can pave the way for a new revenue channel.
- Lead efforts to broaden our reach within referral business partnerships by collaborating with large-scale companies catering to small business owners.
- Develop a comprehensive reseller strategy that brings to market an offering built for Technology Advisors and Value Added Resellers.
- Evaluate potential integration partners within the API ecosystem and determine strategic fit.
- Proactively evaluate potential integration partners for future opportunities as we develop our API ecosystem strategy.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with sales, marketing, and product teams to ensure the seamless execution of partnership initiatives.
- Monitor and report on partnership performance, tracking key metrics and adjusting strategies as needed.
- You have a track record of building foundational partnerships (zero to one), by operating with a scrappy, entrepreneurial, and growth mindset.
- You can approach every challenge with determination and perseverance, thriving in roles that require pushing boundaries and moving with urgency to achieve exceptional results.
- You are passionate and experienced in software sales and serving SMBs across North America.
- You have strong networking skills and can leverage existing relationships within the partnership development landscape.
- You have the ability to formulate and execute a clear partnerships strategy that can align with and drive success for company-level objectives.
- You are results-driven and have experience reporting on key performance metrics, with the ability to adjust strategies as needed to optimize for successful goal attainment.
- You have exceptional communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams and through successful negotiations.
- You thrive in and are able to adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic environment while making data-driven decisions.
- We love our customers, and it’s important that you do too by having a customer-centric mindset with a focus on enhancing the value proposition for OpenPhone's North American customer base through strategic partnerships.
As a fully remote company, we thrive asynchronously as a team. We are curious, ambitious, and dedicated to our work. We value trust above all else, and have a strong bias for action. If you're looking for a place to do your life's work, please get in touch. We'd love to hear from you.
And remember, there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. We're looking for optimists with grit and determination, who are excited to face the challenges of a growing startup. OpenPhone is the type of company where you can grow, and we encourage you to apply for this role even if you don't think you meet all the requirements.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. It is important that you are able to bring your authentic self to work every day. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.