Senior Product Manager
Posted on Friday, November 25, 2022
Orum is making sales human again through conversations. We are an AI-driven, live conversation platform that accelerates sales teams by empowering salespeople to achieve more. Orum increases sales efficiency, speeds up pipeline growth, and lowers customer acquisition costs for various companies ranging in size from start-ups to large enterprises. Sales teams using Orum see consistent conversations, more meetings booked, and shorter rep ramp time - all while having fun and not burning out. We are beyond excited to hire an empowered, remote-first community to support Orum's next growth phase!
Our Mission is to accelerate sales teams by empowering salespeople to achieve more.
Our Vision is to be an iconic company that makes work more human, meaningful, and connected.
As a Senior Product Manager at Orum, you are not just a key player in driving sales acceleration; you are a catalyst for change and innovation. Our goal is to empower sales teams, and you will be at the forefront, shaping the future of our product leadership. If you are seeking a role that allows you the autonomy to build and make a substantial impact, Orum is the answer. We believe in harnessing curiosity and empathy to understand user pain points deeply.
Our vision is to create a product that goes beyond being a solution; it is a force of simplicity, impact, and liberation.
Candidates must be based in the USA. This position is not open to other countries at this time.
Salary: $175,000 - $190,000. If you're selected, we'll make an offer within this range that matches the experience you're coming with. We respect your time and don't intend to waste it.
- Craft a compelling vision and strategy that not only aligns with business objectives but also enhances Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR) growth.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across the business to shape the product strategy and roadmap, emphasizing how each product initiative contributes to overall revenue goals.
- Rally cross-functional teams, including Engineering, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success, around the product vision, emphasizing the impact on sales efficiency, pipeline growth, and customer acquisition costs.
- Define product requirements with a focus on how each feature or enhancement contributes to overarching business objectives. Work closely with designers and engineers to ensure alignment with business objectives.
- Ensure that product updates are well-documented, emphasizing how each release contributes to business growth and goals.
- Own both quantitative and qualitative research, leveraging insights to inform product direction with a keen eye on how it impacts ARR. Build & utilize data (KPIs) to measure the success of product builds and share results with the team.
- Manage final stages of the product development life cycle: product release, stakeholder communication, and go-to-market strategy in coordination with the product marketing team.
- Provide mentorship and assistance with a focus on lifting the entire team's performance, emphasizing the importance of ARR-centric thinking in product management.
Please keep reading...
Did you know? Research indicates men often apply for jobs if they meet just 60% of the criteria, but women and other underrepresented groups usually wait until they check every box. Let's change this pattern! If you see yourself fitting into this role, even without ticking all the boxes, we'd love to hear from you. At Orum, we value diverse perspectives and are excited to consider how your unique skills could contribute to our team's success.
- 6+ years of product management experience with a customer-facing product.
- Ability to develop product roadmaps managing competing priorities.
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-volume environment with an aggressive competitive landscape, demonstrating adaptability and strategic decision-making.
- Demonstrated experience in high/fast growth startup environments, showcasing the ability to navigate and drive impact in dynamic, rapidly evolving settings.
- Intrinsically motivated and self-managing with effective communication skills for users, engineers, designers, and internal stakeholders.
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills, leading cross-functional teams towards user-centric product development.
- Excellent documentation skills, ensuring proper communication and alignment with business objectives.
- Humble, curious, and empathetic leader with a passion for mentorship, lifting the team's performance.
- Comfortable making mistakes and saying “no” while also explaining why in terms that stakeholders understand
- Experience leveraging qualitative and quantitative data to make product decisions and measure impact
- Can effectively uncover pain points, problems, and desires of users, prospects, and customers through interviews
- A clear understanding of how sales, operations, marketing, and customer success factor into product development
Nice To Have
- Experience working within or creating rigorous user research and testing processes.
- Proven track record of working directly with executive leadership on high stakes projects.
- Experience working on a B2C product with a focus on gamification or social features.
- Experience in data analysis or business intelligence.
- Experience leading product decisions regarding compliance and security in a regulated space.
- Proven experience mentoring or managing other product managers and implementing new processes in product development teams.
- Experience creating and implementing new processes in product development teams.
✨ Flexibility to work anywhere in the US
✨ Flexible Vacation Policy
✨ Orum Days Off (1st Friday of every month, two weeks off at the end of the year, and many additional observed holidays)
✨ 90% coverage for employees and dependents for healthcare, dental, and vision insurance plans
✨ Parental leave
✨ Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Disability coverage
✨ Meaningful stock options in Orum
✨ $1k equipment reimbursement for work-related items that's yours to keep
✨ Company laptop
✨ Company retreats and meetups for all employees to connect in person
✨ Company ERG - Women Of Orum (WOO)
Orum Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
We're committed to continually adding to our diverse team that represents various backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]. In short, we want you to join in on the ride if you're talented for one of our roles, with no other qualifiers.