Staff Software Engineer (Full Stack)
About Pair Team
Pair Team is on a mission to improve the wellbeing of underserved communities by connecting them to high-quality care.
Pair Team cares for the highest-need Medicaid recipients through a community-led, virtual care model. We take responsibility for the whole person by addressing not just clinical needs, but also health-related social needs such as housing instability and food access. We partner with local community-based organizations like shelters and safety net providers to coordinate care alongside our multidisciplinary care team to improve the wellbeing of underserved individuals and communities with Arc, our data driven community health platform.
- Trust: We consistently strive to earn the trust of our patients and their families, our network partners, and our teammates.
- Growth: We grow together – as a company and as individuals.
- Accountability: We act like owners and take pride in our work.
- Act beyond yourself: Our vision and impact goes beyond ourselves and so must our actions.
About the Opportunity
As a software engineer on a small team, you will play a critical role in technical decisions across Pair Team’s products and infrastructure. You will lead project teams to develop new features. In consultation with product leadership, you will drive technical direction for foundational decisions. You will also look for opportunities to simplify our service where possible.
This is a full stack role. We have a relatively small, early stage engineering team. Expect to work different parts of our product and tech stack regularly.
This is a fully remote position.
Please note: While this role is listed as a "Staff Engineer" to reflect our target experience, Pair Team does not title software engineers differently from one another. Responsibility, ownership level, and skillset are expected to be commensurate with compensation.
What You’ll Do
- Develop high quality software with attention to detail
- Ship incrementally and continually at high velocity
- Lead small project teams of engineers and own product quality for these features
- Jump into different parts of the codebase to diagnose issues and problems quickly
- Drive long-term technical decision making in partnership with product leadership
- Set the tone and quality bar for the engineering team
What You’ll Need
- 6+ years of professional experience as a software engineer with 2+ years of project lead experience
- 2+ years of experience with an early-stage VC/PE-backed startup
- Experience in both backend and frontend engineering
- Building complex web applications (required)
- Relational Databases data modeling (required)
- Ruby On Rails backend (preferred)
- ReactJS frontend (preferred)
- AWS services (preferred)
- Strong ability to communicate technical ideas with clarity and precision in written and verbal modes
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Comfortable developing features for end users as well as core services consumed by multiple products
- A track record of influencing and enabling forward-thinking technology decisions
- Passion for helping individuals experiencing complex chronic needs such as homelessness, severe mental illness, and substance use disorder
- Ownership mindset – deliver an experience that meets customer goals in partnership with product management, product design, and data science
Because We Value You:
- Competitive salary: $150,000 - $200,000 (dependent upon candidate’s skill set)
- Equity compensation package
- Flexible vacation policy – take the time you need to recharge
- Comprehensive health, vision & dental insurance
- Work entirely from the comfort of your own home
- Monthly $100 work from home expense stipend
- We provide the equipment needed for the role
- Opportunity for rapid career progression with plenty of room for personal growth!
Pair Team is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At Pair Team, we value diversity and strive to provide an inclusive environment for all applicants and employees. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, marital status, age, disability, political affiliation, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic covered by federal, state, or local law.