Senior Infrastructure Engineer
At Peregrine, we build software to power critical decision-making for public safety and emergency response organizations. These organizations use our technology to protect lives, protect property, and deliver their best service to the public.
We are motivated to help institutions solve their hardest problems through better decision-making. We are passionate about creating cutting-edge, highly scalable data platforms that enable organizations to transform the way they interact with their data.
As a team of service-oriented entrepreneurs, we trust each other, help each other, and dive into challenges together. We each strive to be empathetic, curious, inclusive, brave, and exceptional in our execution.
We are looking for strong infrastructure and network engineers to join our small but growing team. As one of the foundational hires on the team, you’ll take on a lead role in designing and implementing the infrastructure and networking that powers the Peregrine platform.
As an engineering team, we believe strongly that empathy improves our solutions. Seeing people use the product is a priority and the way we get to the right answer. Engineers will have the opportunity to work closely with our team onsite to understand the variety of use-cases that Peregrine serves. We value strong ownership on our team, while also being highly collaborative and always seeking input and feedback.
As an infrastructure engineer, you will use a variety of technologies to scale our platform so that it can handle connecting to our customers networks while ingesting terabytes of data. You will work on a wide range of complex challenges including:
- Building highly available and secure production systems.
- Architecting scalable and secure network topologies.
- Supporting the ingest engine for terabytes of data.
- Accelerating the entirety of the engineering lifecycle.
Our stack is constantly evolving but it is based on the foundations of AWS GovCloud, Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, Pulumi, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Neo4J, and more.
- 3+ years building and maintaining complex infrastructure for web applications with rigorous uptime requirements.
- Significant experience working with AWS or other cloud environments utilizing containerization and orchestration technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Demonstrated success building highly-available and secure network systems across production and customer environments.
- Hands-on experience building architectures and CI/CD pipelines using infrastructure as code (Terraform, Pulumi, Cloud Formation, etc).
- Demonstrated knowledge of platform, network, and data security with experience in compliance controls and accreditations.
- At ease working in a *nix terminal and debugging networks.
- Familiarity using Python, bash, or other scripting languages to automate processes.
- Strong understanding of architecture and scaling large software systems.
- Strong understanding of building cloud-based network systems across customer environments.
- Strong best practices in modern software development such as deployments, CI/CD, data management, security, and distributed systems.
Salary Range: $170,000 - $215,000 Annually + Benefits + Equity (if applicable) + Bonus (if applicable)
Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, certifications or licenses, and specific work location. Information on the benefits offered is here.
Peregrine Technologies is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We celebrate diversity and are a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.