Head of Marketing
At Peregrine, we build software to power critical decision-making for public safety and emergency response organizations. These organizations use our technology to protect lives, protect property, and deliver their best service to the public.
We are motivated to help institutions solve their hardest problems through better decision-making. We are passionate about creating cutting-edge, highly scalable data platforms that enable organizations to transform the way they interact with their data.
As a team of service-oriented entrepreneurs, we trust each other, help each other, and dive into challenges together. We each strive to be empathetic, curious, inclusive, brave, and exceptional in our execution.
The Marketing Lead Role
As a founding member of Peregrine’s marketing team, you’ll develop and execute on our marketing strategy. Leading and developing a talented team of marketers, you’ll be responsible for building our brand, growing brand recognition and trust, and driving revenue growth.
As an experienced marketing leader, you have a proven track record of leading high-performing teams at early-stage high-growth companies. You’ll bring first-hand experience creating and executing integrated marketing campaigns, such as live events, webinars, and paid advertising. You’ll also build the foundations for scale; this includes targeting, segmentation, and implementation of the right tools to measure impact.
The ideal candidate will be a systems thinker who excels at making the complex understandable, without losing the magic that comes with a deeply sophisticated product in an engineering-led organization. You’ll be an experienced people leader known for identifying and developing talent and rallying a team behind a shared vision. You can lead through ambiguity and thrive in the gray space that comes with building something new in a rapidly changing environment.
What You'll Do
- Lead, mentor, and scale a team of marketers who drive near-term results and build the marketing foundation for years to come.
- Build and execute a marketing strategy that generates new pipeline and drives revenue while championing the Peregrine brand and customer experience.
- Partner with sales to create marketing assets that differentiate the value and functionality of Peregrine’s public safety platform and accelerate sales conversations.
- Utilize data and analytics to gain deep customer insights, refine targeting, and optimize marketing campaigns.
- Work with our customers to tell their stories across our owned channels and partner with Peregrine’s communications lead to identify earned media opportunities.
- Become a subject-matter expert on the sales process, product strategy, and state & local government environment required for building Peregrine’s presence across our core markets and geographies.
- Explore and capitalize on opportunities for market expansion and growth as Peregrine moves into adjacent market segments.
- Oversee the marketing budget, allocating resources effectively and measuring ROI.
What We Look For
- 12+ years of proven experience in marketing with several years building and leading teams through various stages of growth.
- Excellent brand judgment, communication skills and attention to detail.
- Experience defining and driving marketing for B2B technology products in complex, fast-moving environments. SaaS experience preferred.
- Comfort managing through ambiguity and experience building processes from the ground up.
- The ability to demonstrate expertise with colleagues at all levels of the company and lead cross-functional teams.
- Strong preference for public sector experience
- Located in San Francisco, California (hybrid work is acceptable)
Salary Range: $120,000 - $175,000 Annually + Benefits + Equity (if applicable) + Bonus (if applicable)
Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific work location. Information on the benefits offered is here.
Peregrine Technologies is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We celebrate diversity and are a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.