Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2023
Plume Health is a passion-fueled, mission-driven company that is trans-founded and focused on radically increasing access to healthcare for the trans community, supporting a bold, authentic and healthy lifestyle. We hope to make gender-affirming hormone therapy easily accessible at the touch of a button in every state of the US. We are an organization by and for trans folks and we want heart-forward, awesomely talented teammates to join us on our journey.
This work is deeply personal and heart-driven, and we want teammates who, above all else, care about the mission and the people we serve. For the right candidates, we present a rare opportunity to do well by doing good. Plume offers an affirming, trans-centered, culturally inclusive and fun work environment filled with purpose.
Plume is a passion-fueled, mission-driven, trans-founded company focused on radically increasing access to healthcare for the transgender and gender-nonconforming communities. Our vision is to transform healthcare for every trans life and build a virtual care home for the trans community.
As a rapidly expanding organization, we are now proudly available to more than 1 million transgender individuals in 45 states. We are an organization formed through the lived experience of trans people and fierce allies and we welcome other heart-forward, talented individuals to join our team on this journey.
We are currently hiring Independently Contracted Physicians (MD/DOs) to serve our members in person in Florida. We welcome all state licenses but are specifically in need of folks physically located and/or licensed in Florida.
About the role:
As an independently contracted clinician with Plume, you will join our awesome team of diverse clinicians who provide GAHT (gender-affirming hormone therapy) for our adult patients in Florida. As we expand our clinical services, we are looking specifically for providers with broad, primary care experience.
You will provide longitudinal care for a panel of patients so your time will be spent onboarding new patients and providing follow-up care for them (ie, lab management, prescription management, answering clinical questions, etc).
This role will require in-person care due to a law in Florida that requires in-person informed consent by a physician prior to prescribing medications for gender-affirming care. As we adjust our model to provide continued care access, this role is evolving and will require some flexibility.
We are a healthcare startup, so we are seeking folks excited about changing the paradigm of medical care so patients and clinicians are truly centered. We heavily leverage technology, so being comfortable with computers and electronic medical record systems in a rapidly changing environment is critical to do this work.
- Active Florida Full-Practice License
- Active Florida DEA License
- Physically located in the state of Florida or willing to travel
- Experience providing primary care services to adult patients
- Experience and comfort in collaborating with diverse teams
- Comfortable with hybrid patient care (some remote, some in-person)
- Strong technical background (familiarity with EMRs, email communication, app-based platform use, etc.)
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Ability to commit at least 10 hours of synchronous care per week
- Willingness to conduct in-person visits 2-4x a month
- Additional state licenses
- Ability to commit at least 15 hours of synchronous time per week
- Experience with telehealth and preferably direct-to-consumer (DTC) telehealth/startup work
- Experience prescribing GAHT
- Experience prescribing behavioral health medications (depression and anxiety)
- Familiarity with and experience using established GAHT guidelines, including an informed consent model of care
- CAQH profile
Compensation & Benefits
- $105 USD/hour for time spent doing in person care
- Travel-time compensation
- Reimbursement opportunities
- MD/DO Providers are paid per telehealth appointment at the following rates:
- $37.50 per 15 min visit
- $68 per 30 min visit
Benefits and Perks:
Ground-Floor Equity for all employees (Series B)
Free Medical, Dental, Vision for employees
11 paid holidays and company shut-down for a week in December
Free Plume and Mental Health Subscriptions
The best coworkers you could imagine, if you love fiercely intelligent, heart-open, mission-driven collaborators.
Plume is an equal-opportunity employer. Trans and gender-nonconforming individuals are strongly encouraged to apply, particularly those who identify as people of color. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, color, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities upon request. Please let us know if you require any accommodations to apply or interview for this position.
Discover more about Plume at www.getplume.co and become part of our award-winning journey towards transforming healthcare for every trans life. Join us today in shaping the future of healthtech and LGBTQ+ care!