Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2023
Plume is a passion-fueled, mission-driven, trans-founded company focused on radically increasing access to healthcare for the transgender and gender-nonconforming communities. Our vision is to transform healthcare for every trans life and build a virtual care home for the trans community.
As a rapidly expanding organization, we are now proudly available to more than 1 million transgender individuals in 45 states. We are an organization formed through the lived experience of trans people and fierce allies and we welcome other heart-forward, talented individuals to join our team on this journey.
We are currently hiring Independently Contracted Physicians (MD/DOs) to serve our members in person in Florida. We welcome all state licenses but are specifically in need of folks physically located and/or licensed in Florida.
About the role:
As an independently contracted clinician with Plume, you will join our awesome team of diverse clinicians who provide GAHT (gender-affirming hormone therapy) for our adult patients in Florida. As we expand our clinical services, we are looking specifically for providers with broad, primary care experience. Close to half of our clinician base (MDs, DOs, NPs, PAs) are gender diverse, among many other intersecting backgrounds.
You will provide longitudinal care for a panel of patients so your time will be spent onboarding new patients and providing follow-up care for them (ie, lab management, prescription management, answering clinical questions, etc).
This role will require limited in-person care due to a newly implemented law in Florida that requires in-person informed consent by a physician prior to prescribing medications for gender-affirming care. As we adjust our model to provide continued care access, this role is evolving and will require some flexibility.
We are a healthcare startup, so we are seeking folks excited about changing the paradigm of medical care so patients and clinicians are truly centered. We heavily leverage technology, so being comfortable with computers and electronic medical record systems in a rapidly changing environment is critical to do this work.
- Active Florida Full-Practice License
- Active Florida DEA License
- Physically located in the state of Florida or willing to travel
- Experience providing primary care services to adult patients
- Experience and comfort in collaborating with diverse teams
- Comfortable with hybrid patient care (some remote, some in-person)
- Strong technical background (familiarity with EMRs, email communication, app-based platform use, etc.)
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Ability to commit at least 10 hours per week, including onboards/follow-up/admin
- Willingness to conduct in-person visits (anticipated to be 2 - 4 times per month).
- Additional state licenses
- Ability to commit at least 15 hours per week, including onboards/follow-up/admin
- Experience with telehealth and preferably direct-to-consumer (DTC) telehealth/startup work
- Experience prescribing GAHT
- Experience prescribing behavioral health medications (depression and anxiety)
- Familiarity with and experience using established GAHT guidelines, including an informed consent model of care
- CAQH profile
Compensation & Benefits
- $105 USD/hour
- Working for an amazing company that is changing the world
See more open positions at Plume
Something looks off?