Support Group Facilitator
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
Plume is a passion-fueled, mission-driven company that is trans-founded and focused on radically increasing access to healthcare for the trans community, supporting a bold, authentic and healthy lifestyle. We hope to make gender-affirming hormone therapy easily accessible at the touch of a button in every state of the U.S.
We are rapidly expanding and are now available to more than 1 million trans individuals. We are an organization by and for trans folks and we want heart-forward awesomely talented teammates to join us on our journey.
Plume is hiring empathetic, collaborative, and culturally competent Facilitators to conduct live, virtual support group sessions with members of the Plume community. As a Facilitator, you will facilitate groups of Plume members, cultivating spaces for trans, nonbinary, and non-cis people to share their questions, experiences, and wisdom with one another on various topics. Groups are held once per week at a specific day and time and are remote.
This will be a part-time (average 2-3 hours per week, up to 10) role, with time split between facilitation, preparation, follow-up, and at times, training and consultation.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, you are invited to select which of the following support group topics below you are interested in facilitating (can select multiple). Please be sure to highlight any experience running online support groups, workshops, and/or classroom experiences virtually.
We are looking for peer facilitators with a shared lived, personal, or professional experience to provide support in the following spaces:
Support Group for members who are taking Estrogen (E+) to find connection, mutual support, learn about resources, and discuss relevant topics in an affirming space specifically for trans and non-binary people taking E+.
Support Group for members who are taking Testosterone (T) to find connection, mutual support, learn about resources, and discuss relevant topics in an affirming space specifically for trans and non-binary people taking E+.
Support Group for members who are nonbinary to find connection, mutual support, learn about resources, and discuss relevant topics in an affirming space specifically for trans and non-binary people on GAHT.
Please clearly state which of the above groups you are interested in facilitating in your statement.
In this role, you will:
- Facilitate peers in live virtual group settings to support them with barriers related to their experience with identity
- Take an empathetic, proactive approach to meeting members emotional needs as they arise
- Provide feedback on support group session structure, facilitator training materials, other materials to improve Plume’s Support Group offering.
- Answer questions about Plume services and provide support to members in accessing those services
- Participate in supervision; participate in coaching and feedback circles to gain support, troubleshoot challenges, and develop your capacity as a support group facilitator
- Train and provide feedback to other Support Group Facilitators
- Occasionally provide facilitation coverage for other Facilitator
- Experience and passion for supporting trans/nonbinary individuals, particularly those on Estrogen-based Gender Affirming Hormone Therapy
- Experience discussing many of the sensitive issues that face the trans/nonbinary community, including: coming out, mental health, gender identity formation & expression, sexuality, relationships, family issues, isolation and loneliness, substance use, HIV and AIDS, and health and safety concerns
- 2 years experience as a facilitator or peer support specialist
- Experience facilitating virtual or online support group, workshops, or learning experiences
- Experience facilitating workshops and educational content on issues related to equity, anti-discrimination, inclusion, anti-racism, trans/nonbinary issues, consent, and social justice
- Humility, patience, confidence, passion, and empathy
- Excellent communication skills, particularly in small groups and public speaking setting
- Ability to deal with sensitive and potentially divisive topics in a sensitive and inclusive manner
- Consistent availability on particular weekday evenings
- For legal purposes candidates cannot be a licensed mental health professional (LCSW, LSW, LMFT, LPC, LCPC)
Plume is an equal opportunity employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, color, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.
Read more about Plume at www.getplume.co