We are looking for a Ruby Engineer to join the team that develops our Back-Office applications and integrations. As a member of our team, you will play a vital role in developing and maintaining our internal back-office stack, which serves as a crucial tool for managing workspaces, billing configurations, data operations, automating contract provisioning, etc. If you are passionate about building robust software solutions and thrive in a collaborative environment, this role is perfect for you.
- Design, develop, and maintain features that enable efficient management of custom workspaces, billing configurations, bulk data operations and exports, contract provisioning automation and integrations between internal systems.
- Automating currently manual processing and contributing to the bottom line by improving our operational efficiency
- Ensure the back-office applications and integrations meet high standards of performance, reliability, and security.
- Collaborate with the broader engineering team to ensure seamless integration with other systems and services
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including other developers, and members of the go to market teams to develop and enhance the internal back-office applications.
- Work closely with go to market teams to fulfill custom engineering service requests, such as workspace merging.
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues reported by internal teams or customers, providing timely resolutions.
Our Tech Stack
- Our platform runs on Kubernetes on AWS
- The core of our application is written in Ruby using Ruby on Rails
- New services are written in Kotlin
- We’re building an event-driven service architecture
- Postgres is our database engine of choice
We're seeking a junior to mid-level engineer who possesses the following experience, skills, and qualities:
- Junior to mid-level
- Experience or willingness to learn Ruby on Rails
- Experience or willingness to learn Postgres for database management
- Understanding of microservices architecture
- Curious and eager to know how things work under the hood
- Passionate about learning new things and embracing challenges
- Detail-oriented with a passion for delivering high-quality software solutions
- Fluent in English
Nice to Have:
- Experience with back-office applications and integrations
- Familiarity with AWS and Kubernetes
- Willingness to learn Kotlin
You can look forward to the following benefits:
💰 Stock options
💻 MacBook Pro + 34″ monitor
📚 Budget for online courses, books, and conferences
🏝 5 weeks of vacation and sick days
🍲 Free snacks, drinks, and yummy catered lunches every day
🏋 MultiSport card to access sports facilities in Prague
🍹 Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats
⏱ Flexible working hours and home office
🎓 Language lessons
Productboard is a customer-centric product management platform that helps organizations get the right products to market, faster. More than 6,000 companies, including Microsoft, Zoom, 1-800-Contacts, and UiPath, use Productboard to understand what users need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around their roadmap.
With offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Brno and Prague, Productboard is backed by leading investors like Tiger Global Management, Dragoneer Investment Group, Index Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia Capital, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Credo Ventures.
In January 2022, we closed our $125M Series D round, which put us into the Unicorn category of companies, with a valuation of $1.7B.
- Join at the golden startup age — established stability of a Unicorn with space for individual impact
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere, building a whole new category of software
- You can help change the way that products are built all over the world
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and new markets
- We are recognized as one of the hottest tech startups on the market today, named by Forbes magazine and Business Insider as one of the best startup employers to bet your career on and are regularly recognized for our company culture
About our culture
Imagine working in a place where everything matters — most importantly, you. At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
Forming our company values was a group effort, with every employee allowed to contribute. From profit-sharing initiatives, like stock options, to open calendars and communication, we don’t waste time on politics or ego. We champion openness by sharing our goals, success, and failures.
Join colleagues who love what they do and who are invested in their work environment and the future of the company. Help shape our company, culture, and product!
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and champion equity. It is our aim to help people from all backgrounds, cultures, and groups realize their full potential at Productboard. We do not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based upon gender identity, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other biascovered by appropriate law. All aspects of employment, including hiring, training, promotion, and terminations, are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are committed to an inclusive hiring process and provide all candidates with equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities. Togetherness is one of our core values, and ourDiversity Council helps to ensure that we uphold the values of authenticity, humanity, and diversity to create an environment where every person matters. We are committed to leading by example to drive societal change.