Strategic Finance Analyst
Productboard is the leading customer-centric product management platform, helping product teams to deliver the right products to market faster. Over 6,000 modern, customer-driven companies - like Zoom, UiPath, JCDecaux, and Microsoft - use Productboard to help understand what users need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around the roadmap.
With offices in San Francisco, Prague, Vancouver, Dublin, and London, Productboard has raised $262 million in funding from leading investors like Dragoneer, Tiger Global, Sequoia Capital, Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins, Index Ventures, and Credo Ventures.
We are seeking an experienced Strategic Finance Analyst to support our high-growth business and be a force multiplier for our distributed teams. The candidate will have broad exposure to all aspects of Productboard’s business, including the GTM, R&D, and G&A functions. The successful candidate is a self-starter who can manage prioritization across multiple projects and strike the right balance between execution speed and quality. If you thrive in a fast-paced and analytically rigorous environment at a company that is deeply committed to diversity of all kinds, we would love to talk to you.
On a typical day, you will …
- Continually improve our financial forecasting process and accuracy. You will own the Monthly Plan vs Actuals expense report, lead the close meeting with Accounting, and advise senior business partners on their expenses during Monthly Budget review meetings. You will be the primary owner of our financial reporting cadence.
- Support executives and the rest of the Finance team when approving spend requests for new and existing spend. Maintain a list of all active Software & Consulting contracts within the company.
- Provide analysis and conduct financial reviews of a wide range of business issues and manage financial processes such as planning, forecasting, reporting, and tracking performance.
- Prepare analyses and materials to communicate business performance and trends to the executive team, board members, and investors.
- Assist with updates to Productboard’s Financial Model and Unit Economics reporting.
- Work closely with our operations and people partner teams to ensure our operational and financial planning processes run smoothly and are clearly understood across the organization.
- 2-4+ years of total experience in FP&A/Strategic Finance at a high-growth SaaS business, Investment Banking/PE, or a hedge fund. Direct company FP&A experience partnering with business leaders is a major plus.
- Exceptional financial modeling skills with great attention to detail and ability to work with large data sets.
- A strong understanding of US GAAP accounting and corporate finance principles.
- Solid understanding of the key drivers of a SaaS business.
- Ability to flex between high-level strategic thinking and deep-dive analytical problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build trust and effectively collaborate cross-functionally.
- Self-Starter with a high sense of ownership, looking to build processes that scale.
- Strong academic background from top college or university.
Nice to have
- A working knowledge of NetSuite, Looker, Salesforce, and/or Airbase.
- Someone who is based in the US Eastern time zone, Prague, London, or Ireland.
You can look forward to the following benefits:
💰 Stock options
💻 MacBook + 34″ monitor
📚 Budget for online courses, books, and conferences
🏝 5 weeks of vacation + sick days
❤️ 1 Volunteer Day per year for you to help causes close to your heart
🍲 Free snacks, drinks, and yummy catered lunches every day
💚 Shared Headspace account for mindfulness & mental health
🏋 MultiSport card to access sports facilities
🍹 Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats
🍀 Mental Wellness Program to support your well-being and self-care
⏱ Flexible working hours and home office
🧒🏻 Parental benefits
🎓 Language lessons
Productboard is a customer-centric product management platform that helps organizations get the right products to market, faster. More than 6,000 companies, including Microsoft, Zoom, 1-800-Contacts, and UiPath, use Productboard to understand what users need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around their roadmap.
With offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Brno and Prague, Productboard is backed by leading investors like Tiger Global Management, Dragoneer Investment Group, Index Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia Capital, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Credo Ventures.
In January 2022, we closed our $125M Series D round, which put us into the Unicorn category of companies, with a valuation of $1.7B.
- Join at the golden startup age — established stability of a Unicorn with space for individual impact
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere, building a whole new category of software
- You can help change the way that products are built all over the world
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and new markets
- We are recognized as one of the hottest tech startups on the market today, named by Forbes magazine and Business Insider as one of the best startup employers to bet your career on and are regularly recognized for our company culture
About our culture
Imagine working in a place where everything matters — most importantly, you. At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
Forming our company values was a group effort, with every employee allowed to contribute. From profit-sharing initiatives, like stock options, to open calendars and communication, we don’t waste time on politics or ego. We champion openness by sharing our goals, success, and failures.
Join colleagues who love what they do and who are invested in their work environment and the future of the company. Help shape our company, culture, and product!
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and champion equity. It is our aim to help people from all backgrounds, cultures, and groups realize their full potential at Productboard. We do not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based upon gender identity, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other biascovered by appropriate law. All aspects of employment, including hiring, training, promotion, and terminations, are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are committed to an inclusive hiring process and provide all candidates with equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities. Togetherness is one of our core values, and our Diversity Council helps to ensure that we uphold the values of authenticity, humanity, and diversity to create an environment where every person matters. We are committed to leading by example to drive societal change.