Manager, Technical Accounting & Financial Reporting
Location: Remote in the New York City area
Manager, Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting
We are currently looking for a Manager, Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting to join our FITLO team (Finance, IT, Legal and Ops). In this highly collaborative and visible position, you will play a crucial role in ensuring accurate financial reporting and compliance with accounting standards, while interpreting complex accounting regulations, providing guidance to the organization, and owning certain key areas of our financial statement close process (FSCP).
You will be joining a team of dedicated individuals who are passionate about providing meaningful and insightful financial information and building strong cross-functional partnerships as we continue to build a best-in-class organization. This position reports directly to our CFO and involves close collaboration with our global accounting and FITLO teams, as well as engagement with external advisors across various countries.
- Develop and maintain the Company’s accounting policies which include:
- Drafting and updating the Company’s accounting policies
- Adoption of new accounting standards
- Comprehensively assess the accounting implications of non-routine transactions and apply accounting rules and literature and exercise judgment in subjective areas to reach appropriate conclusions and provide technical guidance and support to the Accounting and Strategic Finance teams
- Own equity and stock-based compensation accounting, including reconciliations and rollforwards (ASC 718)
- Act as the subject matter expert on technical accounting matters, including revenue/deferred revenue (ASC 606) and foreign currency (ASC 830)
- Partner with Product, Legal, Strategic Finance, and other teams to provide expertise in support of new transactions and products to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes
- Perform flux analysis and balance sheet reconciliations in areas of responsibilities on a consolidated basis
- Manage internal and external consolidated financial reporting responsibilities and preparation of financial statements, including consolidated statements of cash flows
- Review and document differences between statutory reporting and U.S. GAAP
- Help coordinate the Company’s consolidated external audit and international statutory audits
- Oversee valuation exercises with external firms (409A, M&A, etc.)
- Manage the relationships with external advisors for tax-related work
- Assist with the implementation of new systems, internal controls, and documentation procedures to enhance accounting processes and overall operations
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting
- 7+ years of relevant and progressive work experience including tech, SaaS and startup exposure
- Certified Public Accountant (active), with public accounting experience (strongly preferred)
- Extensive understanding of U.S. GAAP and financial reporting requirements
- Expertise in utilizing enterprise accounting software such as NetSuite, Workday, Oracle, and SAP, coupled with a high level of proficiency in Excel or Google Sheets
- Preferred, not required, experience with equity systems such as Carta
- Outstanding verbal and written communication, coupled with the capacity to adeptly convey complex financial information across various functions to a non-accounting audience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Highly motivated team player with the ability to thrive and prioritize in a fast-paced global environment
You can look forward to the following benefits:
💰 Competitive compensation, stock options, company 401k
📚 A budget for your professional development and ongoing learning
🏝 4 weeks of paid vacation and paid sick days
💛 1 Volunteer Day per year for you to help causes close to your heart
🍀 Mental Wellness Program to support your well-being and self-care
🏋 Company contribution to gym and wellness memberships
🚗 Commuter benefits
🍹 Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats abroad
❤️ Company contribution and access to best-in-class health benefits and your own Headspace membership
Productboard is the customer-centric product management platform that helps teams get the right products to market faster. Over 6,000 companies, including Microsoft, 1-800-Contacts, and UiPath, use Productboard to understand what users need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around their roadmap.
In Feb 2022, we closed our $125M Series-D round, backed by VC giants like Tiger Global Management, Index Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia Capital, and Bessemer Venture Partners. Headquartered in San Francisco, we are a truly international company, with offices in Vancouver, London, Dublin and Prague.
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and markets
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere building a new and complex product
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- We were recognized by Forbes for being the "Next Billion Dollar" start-up
About our culture
At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
You can get to know your future colleagues by listening to our People of Productboard podcast, or check out our Instagram profile and People of Productboard FB page for more info about life at Productboard.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and champion of equity. It is our aim to help people from all backgrounds, cultures, and groups realize their full potential at Productboard.
As such, we do not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based upon gender identity, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
All aspects of employment including hiring, training, promotion, and terminations are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are committed to an inclusive hiring process and provide all candidates with equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities.
Togetherness is one of our core values and our Diversity Council helps us ensure that we uphold the values of authenticity, humanity, and diversity to create an environment where every human being matters. We are committed to leading by example to drive societal change.