Senior Frontend Engineer - Product-Led-Growth
Welcome to Productboard, where your code doesn't just sit on a server — it helps more than 6,000 customers (including Epic Games, Microsoft, and Zoom) build better products.
As a rapidly growing B2B SaaS company that’s changing the way product teams around the world build products, we recognize the importance of building a dedicated internal Growth team to further solidify our position on the market. For this reason, we’re looking for an experienced Frontend Engineer to help lead the charge.
You’ll work on important product-led growth (PLG) areas, such as guiding new customers to the product, setting prices, and composing packaging changes. Our collaborative culture is the perfect launchpad for an engineer eager to become a growth-engineering expert.
You’ll join a new cross-functional team of engineers, designers, and product managers that will help fuel Productboard’s growth. Together, you’ll focus on three main areas and challenges:
- Guiding new customers. Our large customers receive all the care they need when purchasing Productboard. This includes a detailed sales process, being provided with solutions architects, and training. For smaller customers, however, such extensive support doesn’t make economic sense. And that’s where the new Growth team comes in. Together, you’ll help introduce our customers to Productboard, show them how best to use particular features and functions, and help them to fully understand how it’ll make their future work easier.
- Setting prices and composing packages or plans. You’ll revise how different Productboard functionalities are packaged and analyze our pricing models. Currently, basic pricing plans are stripped of certain functionalities. But the trend is towards making pretty much all functionality available to users but with constraints on usability depending on the pricing plan. Users can see the potential of certain features, and if they’re interested, they can pay more to have them unlocked.
- Analyzing and optimizing client acquisition and retention. We need to track who comes to our site, who drops out at what particular step of the acquisition process and why, and what causes a company to purchase Productboard but leave after a certain period of time. This is very important data that will help us improve the entire customer acquisition and retention process. And that's where the Growth team will help significantly.
It’s no small task, but for those looking for an exciting and complex tech initiative with a real-world impact, here’s your chance.
On a typical day, you will
- Collaborate with product and design to build experiments and assess whether they’ll drive acquisition, retention, and monetization metrics
- Evaluate other PLG tools on the market, helping us to decide whether there is a more effective way to solve customer and business problems, such as “How do users get started?”
- Evangelize growth engineering topics and lessons learned to the rest of the company
- Help decide which technical initiatives make it to our roadmap — and explain to key stakeholders why we are pursuing certain initiatives or directions over others
- 8+ years of experience
- T-shaped profile with Frontend depth
- Significant experience in growth teams
- Business Acumen:
- You work in collaboration with cross-functional business teams (Product, Marketing, GTM)
- You understand the business KPI to be improved (Conversion, Engagement, Adoption, Churn, etc.)
- Execution oriented:
- You get things done, even outside of your own area of direct responsibilities
- Development fluency:
- You're used to hacking in on other teams code base (guest dev) and getting their support
- Speed and Impact focused:
- You optimize for rapid iterations using A/B testing tools (Optimizely, LaunchDarkly, etc.) with a crappy first shot and clean things up once experimentation (successful or not) is done.
- Data Oriented:
- Telemetry and BI tools to measure the impact of your work are your daily tools (Looker, Amplitude, MixPanel, etc.)
So, if you're ready to roll up your sleeves and dive headfirst into the exciting world of growth engineering, we're ready to welcome you with open arms.
Our Tech Stack
You’ll work with the following frameworks, tools, and languages:
- Frontend: TypeScript, React.js
- Backend: TypeScript/Node.js, Ruby, Kotlin, Kafka
- Storage: Postgres, Elastic, Redis
- Data Pipeline: Python, Keboola, Looker, Snowflake
- Infrastructure: AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform
You can look forward to the following benefits:
💰 Stock options
💻 MacBook + 34″ monitor
📚 Budget for online courses, books, and conferences
🏝 5 weeks of vacation + sick days
❤️ 1 Volunteer Day per year for you to help causes close to your heart
🍲 Free snacks, drinks, and yummy catered lunches every day (or lunch delivered to your home)
💚 Shared Headspace account for mindfulness & mental health
🏋 MultiSport card to access sports facilities
🍹 Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats
🍀 Mental Wellness Program to support your well-being and self-care
⏱ Flexible working hours and home office
🧒🏻 Parental benefits
🎓 Language lessons
🌁 Opportunity to travel to San Francisco
Productboard is a customer-centric product management platform that helps organizations get the right products to market, faster. More than 6,000 companies, including Microsoft, Zoom, 1-800-Contacts, and UiPath, use Productboard to understand what users need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around their roadmap.
With offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Brno and Prague, Productboard is backed by leading investors like Tiger Global Management, Dragoneer Investment Group, Index Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia Capital, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Credo Ventures.
In January 2022, we closed our $125M Series D round, which put us into the Unicorn category of companies, with a valuation of $1.7B.
- Join at the golden startup age — established stability of a Unicorn with space for individual impact
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere, building a whole new category of software
- You can help change the way that products are built all over the world
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and new markets
- We are recognized as one of the hottest tech startups on the market today, named by Forbes magazine and Business Insider as one of the best startup employers to bet your career on and are regularly recognized for our company culture
About our culture
Imagine working in a place where everything matters — most importantly, you. At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
Forming our company values was a group effort, with every employee allowed to contribute. From profit-sharing initiatives, like stock options, to open calendars and communication, we don’t waste time on politics or ego. We champion openness by sharing our goals, success, and failures.
Join colleagues who love what they do and who are invested in their work environment and the future of the company. Help shape our company, culture, and product!
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and champion equity. It is our aim to help people from all backgrounds, cultures, and groups realize their full potential at Productboard. We do not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based upon gender identity, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other biascovered by appropriate law. All aspects of employment, including hiring, training, promotion, and terminations, are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are committed to an inclusive hiring process and provide all candidates with equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities. Togetherness is one of our core values, and our Diversity Council helps to ensure that we uphold the values of authenticity, humanity, and diversity to create an environment where every person matters. We are committed to leading by example to drive societal change.