Senior DevX Engineer
We are looking for a Backend or Fullstack Engineer to join our Developer Experience (DevX) team, which focuses on building tools to enhance the daily workflow of our product engineers. This team is committed to increasing productivity and enabling developers to ship new features seamlessly. If you have a passion for creating tools that make developers' lives easier and thrive in a collaborative environment, this role is perfect for you.
- Design, develop, and maintain developer tools to facilitate integration, testing, and deployment.
- Build or enhance tools that streamline code integration, providing a more reliable and efficient development experience.
- Ensure the DevX environment is stable and user-friendly, leveraging containerization or other DevOps tools as necessary.
- Create an inclusive DevX experience for developers of various skill levels and diverse backgrounds.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to enhance and integrate the developer tools within the existing infrastructure.
Our Tech Stack
- Our platform runs on Kubernetes on AWS
- We’re building an event-driven service architecture
- Frontend: TypeScript, React.js, Nx (you can read here about how we use it)
- Backend: Kotlin/Spring, Ruby on Rails, Kafka, NodeJS, Go
- Data fetching: Federated GraphQL
- Storage: Postgres, Elastic, Redis
- Code Quality: Jest, Cypress.io, ESlint, Prettier, Danger.js, K6
- Senior engineer, 5+ years of experience
- You are not tied to a single tech stack and like to learn different technologies
- Passionate about developer experience and building tools for other engineers
- Familiarity with DevOps practices, especially CI/CD
- Understanding of docker and development environments
- Previous SaaS product development experience
- Curious and eager to learn how things work under the hood
- You like to fix things when they break
- Your code is clean and well tested
- Fluent in English
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Kotlin, Go, NodeJS, and React
- Familiarity with AWS and Kubernetes
- Previous experience building developer tools
- Willingness to learn new tech stacks
- Extroverted, an ambassador of good practices
- Previous experience working in platform teams or SRE
You can look forward to the following benefits:
💻MacBook Pro + 34″ monitor
📚Budget for online courses, books, and conferences
🏝5 weeks of vacation and sick days
🍲Free snacks, drinks, and yummy catered lunches every day
🏋MultiSport card to access sports facilities in Prague
🍹Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats
⏱Flexible working hours and home office
✈️Relocation Package for foreign (non-Czech/Slovak) candidates relocating to Prague
Productboard is a customer-centric product management platform that helps organizations get the right products to market, faster. More than 5,400 companies, including Microsoft, Zoom, 1-800-Contacts, and UiPath, use Productboard to understand what users need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around their roadmap.
With offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Brno and Prague, Productboard is backed by leading investors like Tiger Global Management, Dragoneer Investment Group, Index Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia Capital, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Credo Ventures.
In January 2022, we closed our $125M Series D round, which put us into the Unicorn category of companies, with a valuation of $1.7B.
- Join at the golden startup age — established stability of a Unicorn with space for individual impact
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere, building a whole new category of software
- You can help change the way that products are built all over the world
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and new markets
- We are recognized as one of the hottest tech startups on the market today, named by Forbes magazine and Business Insider as one of the best startup employers to bet your career on and are regularly recognized for our company culture
About our culture
Imagine working in a place where everything matters — most importantly, you. At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
Forming our company values was a group effort, with every employee allowed to contribute. From profit-sharing initiatives, like stock options, to open calendars and communication, we don’t waste time on politics or ego. We champion openness by sharing our goals, success, and failures.
Join colleagues who love what they do and who are invested in their work environment and the future of the company. Help shape our company, culture, and product!
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and champion equity. It is our aim to help people from all backgrounds, cultures, and groups realize their full potential at Productboard. We do not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based upon gender identity, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other biascovered by appropriate law. All aspects of employment, including hiring, training, promotion, and terminations, are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are committed to an inclusive hiring process and provide all candidates with equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities. Togetherness is one of our core values, and our Diversity Council helps to ensure that we uphold the values of authenticity, humanity, and diversity to create an environment where every person matters. We are committed to leading by example to drive societal change.