Staff Machine Learning Engineer
When we started in 2014, our focus was on product managers in smaller teams who lacked a great product management tool. Today, we are the leading product management platform, and as we continue to grow, we are now helping more and more enterprise companies with thousands of employees to build products that matter.
We believe Productboard's greatest differentiator is enabling our customers to collect, understand, and act upon data from the market and empower them to organize them into Insights, understand their customers, and align their company around the most impactful opportunities.
We are in search of an experienced Machine Learning Engineer to become a member of our cross-functional team. Your role will span across the entire AI feature development lifecycle.
About the team
AI & Insights is a cross-functional product team, composed of backend, frontend, machine learning engineers with PMs and designers. We are all building the Insights - think of it as a customer’s store of feedback coming from different sources. It is tightly integrated with other entities inside the product.
In June, we unveiled Productboard AI, and we’ll continue to expand our AI functionality in the coming months. We aim to build more automation into Insights, enabling bulk-processing, pre-processing, smart suggestions and other features. In the end, our customers would be presented with aggregated insights & clustered data, which is connected to the features & ideas they plan to build.
Where are we heading?
To create even more value for customers, we are on a mission to help product teams transform their product management practices, leveraging the power of AI to make impactful product decisions faster through a deeper understanding of different types of data within the Productboard platform (customer feedback, competitors, market intelligence, business strategy, etc.)
We also aim to make product teams more effective on tactical and strategic tasks throughout the entire product management lifecycle with AI-powered workflows that augment existing core workflows within Productboard.
Our core challenges:
- Introducing new capabilities into our solutions – a feature store, faster processing of incoming Insights data (which is expected to grow), live predictions, co-usage of different vendor LLMs, etc.
- Ensuring data flows from the frontend via GraphQL – asynchronous processing through Kafka in different services, and back to frontend – produce a seamless UX experience.
- Ensuring our core services, which store data from different sources, are ready to scale and meet performance requirements.
- Reducing the tech stack. We are converging towards Kotlin services, and to achieve that we have to plan and execute migrations from our backend Ruby monolith and a couple other services, previously written in node.js. These migrations will have a wide impact on other product teams and product functionality, and will lay the foundation for the future of our owned domains.
We’re looking for experienced engineering minds, who are able to not only lead big technical projects, but act as knowledge multipliers inside and outside of the team. Those who strive to build top-end services and are able to turn a good system design on paper into a well-tuned working solution.
We are in search of an experienced Machine Learning Engineer to become a member of our cross-functional team. The team comprises ML, backend, and frontend engineers, a product designer, as well as product managers. Your role will span across the entire AI feature development lifecycle.
Our tech stack
You’ll work with the following frameworks, tools, and languages:
- We write our ML code in Python
- When it comes to scheduling ML pipelines, we rely on orchestration frameworks like Airflow 2+ and Kubernetes
- Our real-time services run on AWS and Kubernetes, backed by Git, CICD, Docker, Helm, and Kafka
- For monitoring our services we use Datadog and Sentry, and for a business overview, we've got Looker in our toolkit
- Our tech toolbox also includes GraphQL and Postgres, among other technologies
We are currently seeking an individual who possesses the following skills and qualities:
- Professional expertise in building Python applications
- Proficiency in designing, executing, and maintaining ML systems and solutions in a production environment
- Familiarity with the management of performance and testing of ML systems
- Practical experience with message queue systems and a grasp of event-driven architecture
- A background in data science and LLMs would be highly advantageous
You will help us with:
- Building AI-powered product features
- Enhancing and sustaining our internal tech stack, while identifying and incorporating new state-of-the-art technologies
- Discovering and experimenting across different domains, creating MVPs and POCs, engaging in discussions about findings with fellow engineers and the product team, and planning the execution
- Collaborating with other engineers, introducing fresh concepts and methodologies to the team
The team has recently worked on:
- Delivering LLM solutions to our customers
- Establishing a Feature store dedicated to storing embeddings for our services
- Training NLP models, utilized by numerous customers, with daily retraining cycles
- You can check our recent AI releases at https://www.productboard.com/product/ai/
- Your future colleague, Martin, speaking at ML Prague 2023
You can look forward to the following benefits:
💻MacBook Pro + 34″ monitor
📚Budget for online courses, books, and conferences
🏝5 weeks of vacation and sick days
🍲Free snacks, drinks, and yummy catered lunches every day
🏋MultiSport card to access sports facilities in Prague
🍹Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats
⏱Flexible working hours and home office
✈️Relocation Package for foreign (non-Czech/Slovak) candidates relocating to Prague
Productboard is a customer-centric product management platform that helps organizations get the right products to market, faster. More than 5,400 companies, including Microsoft, Zoom, 1-800-Contacts, and UiPath, use Productboard to understand what users need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around their roadmap.
With offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Brno and Prague, Productboard is backed by leading investors like Tiger Global Management, Dragoneer Investment Group, Index Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia Capital, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Credo Ventures.
In January 2022, we closed our $125M Series D round, which put us into the Unicorn category of companies, with a valuation of $1.7B.
- Join at the golden startup age — established stability of a Unicorn with space for individual impact
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere, building a whole new category of software
- You can help change the way that products are built all over the world
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and new markets
- We are recognized as one of the hottest tech startups on the market today, named by Forbes magazine and Business Insider as one of the best startup employers to bet your career on and are regularly recognized for our company culture
About our culture
Imagine working in a place where everything matters — most importantly, you. At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
Forming our company values was a group effort, with every employee allowed to contribute. From profit-sharing initiatives, like stock options, to open calendars and communication, we don’t waste time on politics or ego. We champion openness by sharing our goals, success, and failures.
Join colleagues who love what they do and who are invested in their work environment and the future of the company. Help shape our company, culture, and product!
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and champion equity. It is our aim to help people from all backgrounds, cultures, and groups realize their full potential at Productboard. We do not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based upon gender identity, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other biascovered by appropriate law. All aspects of employment, including hiring, training, promotion, and terminations, are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are committed to an inclusive hiring process and provide all candidates with equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities. Togetherness is one of our core values, and our Diversity Council helps to ensure that we uphold the values of authenticity, humanity, and diversity to create an environment where every person matters. We are committed to leading by example to drive societal change.