Posted on Friday, February 11, 2022
CoinGecko is a global leader in tracking cryptocurrency data. Operating since 2014, CoinGecko has built the world's largest cryptocurrency data platform, tracking over 10,000 tokens across more than 400 exchanges, serving over 300 million page views in more than 100 countries. We are proud to have played a major part in mainstream awareness, adoption, and education of cryptocurrency globally.
We at CoinGecko believe that cryptocurrency and blockchain will define the future of finance, bringing greater financial and economic freedom around the world. In anticipation of that future, CoinGecko is building the foundation to scale cryptocurrency market data to serve billions.
What you'll be doing:
• Curation: Work effectively with cryptocurrency projects and relevant internal teams to ensure successful onboarding and listing of new coins/tokens, NFTs, and exchanges on the platform. Consistently maintain up-to-date information related to the projects on the platform at all times.
• External support: Provide excellent and consistent frontline support to users, token/NFT projects, and exchanges within the specified SLAs.
• Exchange addition/info update: Support communications with the tokens, NFTs, exchanges, API, GT DEXs, chains teams in regards to additions or information updates required to be completed.
• Internal operations: Assist in performing internal operations tasks including CoinGecko Premium support and deliberation, assisting data team on price deviation/data issues, items reported in internal Slack and Telegram channels that require further actions, tasks related to Trust Score and Candy, as well as any other ad hoc tasks assigned to the Ops team.
• Community management: Assist in developing and nurturing strong relationships with existing customers, coin issuers, teams, exchanges, and partners to ensure to build an active and engaged community. Perform community support activities on platforms like Telegram, Reddit, Discord, etc such as posting updates and engaging with community members.
• Reporting: Assist in tracking, analyzing and reporting on performance metrics.
• Plugged-in: Stay up-to-date with the latest cryptocurrency and perform research/ due diligence on cryptocurrencies listed on CoinGecko.
• Team player: Work closely with team members and cross-functionally to ensure customer requests are handled appropriately in a timely manner.
• You are required to support any ad hoc tasks as required by the company.
What we look for in you:
• Education: You are currently pursuing or recently finished a Bachelor’s degree in any relevant field with an interest in Accounting, Finance, Business or anything related.
• Operations skills: You have basic knowledge of some areas of the Operations function - Coin/Token and NFT Curation, External Support, Exchange Addition/Info Update, Internal Operations, Community Management, etc.
• Industry knowledge: You have foundational knowledge of everything related to blockchain, cryptocurrency, NFT, web3, and metaverse topics. You have used Dapps, exchanges, and other web3 related products.
• CRM and blockchain analytics tools: You are familiar with using CRM and automation tools (e.g. Zendesk) and research tools such as Blockchain Explorers, DEX data aggregators, web analytics, etc. which is a plus.
• Product knowledge: You have a general understanding of CoinGecko’s products/services.
• Customer-oriented: You have a genuine passion for providing positive, timely, and professional customer experiences.
• Entrepreneurial: You are self-motivated, resourceful, and have an entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced and highly agile environment.
• Analytical & data-driven: You should be curious about data and able to tell stories using data.
• Operational excellence: You have a keen eye for detail and an exceptionally high bar for accuracy and quality. You also hold your peers to similar standards in their work.
• Strong opinions, loosely held: You are humble in embracing better ideas from others, eager to make things better, open to challenges and possibilities.
• Leadership: You are self-motivated and can work independently with minimal supervision after 3 months. You have a strong sense of self-leadership and are curious and creative in finding ways to improve existing projects and workflows.
• Problem solving: You are passionate about solving problems faced by stakeholders together with strong empathy.
• People skills: You are fluent in written and spoken English. You have experience working with other individuals in a team towards achieving a common goal.
• Integrity: You demonstrate sound judgment and ability to handle highly sensitive and private data.
• Growth mindset: You love delving into new technologies and new ways of doing things.
• Able to commit for a 3 - 6 months internship period (6 months preferred)!
Please take note that we are only accepting local candidates from Malaysia & Singapore. If you are interested in a remote position based outside Malaysia & Singapore, do take a look at our roles labeled remote.
Some of the perks while at CoinGecko:
• The allowance for this position is RM2,250 (RM1,500 Monthly Allowance + RM150 Parking Allowance + RM600 Meal Allowance) for those based in Malaysia.
• The allowance for this position is SGD1,500 (SGD1,000 Monthly Allowance + SGD100 Parking Allowance + SGD400 Meal Allowance) for those based in Singapore.
• Remote Work Flexibility: Work wherever you feel most productive.
• Flexible Working Hours: No 9-5 structure, work the hours you need to get your tasks done.
• Annual Company Offsite: We gather once a year to meet each other in person, reflect on the year, and partake in social activities!
• An opportunity to learn about blockchain and cryptocurrencies from one of the pioneering companies in the industry.
CoinGecko is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Interested? Hit the apply button to get started on your application!