Software Test Engineer, Mid-Level (L2)
Posted on Friday, February 11, 2022
CoinGecko is a global leader in tracking cryptocurrency data. Operating since 2014, CoinGecko has built the world's largest cryptocurrency data platform, tracking over 10,000 tokens across more than 400 exchanges, serving over 300 million page views in more than 100 countries. We are proud to have played a major part in mainstream awareness, adoption, and education of cryptocurrency globally.
We at CoinGecko believe that cryptocurrency and blockchain will define the future of finance, bringing greater financial and economic freedom around the world. In anticipation of that future, CoinGecko is building the foundation to scale cryptocurrency market data to serve billions.
We practice transparent salaries and a level structure at CoinGecko:
• The salary for this position is RM8,698.
• Learn more about our level structure at CoinGecko's Career Progression.
What you'll be doing:
• Software QA: Perform execution of QA tasks based on software specifications to
ensure that our software products are of the highest quality. Execute full software
development lifecycles based on the department’s strategy.
• Release Testing: Perform different testing strategies including regression, functional and user acceptance tests on all software products. Participate in sprint delivery and developing test plans in release cycles. Adapt to different projects and platforms with minimal issues.
• Defect resolution: Replicate defects reported by end users and update cases to
facilitate developers. Facilitates and communicates status of issues between users
and engineers. Own key results in resolving defects for assigned teams.
• QA maintenance: Maintain test scripts and test automation frameworks.
• Documentation: Identify and document defects and issues in software applications as reported by external and internal users. Perform triaging based on a provided defect resolution schema and escalate issues to meet team targets. Communicate delivery status of individual tickets to technical leads.
• Team Player: Work collaboratively with engineers, product managers, and designers to ship out products and features in a timely and effective manner. Deliver independently on a scope of work with minimal instruction.
• Sharpen the Saw: Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in software development and contribute to knowledge sharing. Learn advanced testing techniques or automation tools that improve the team’s productivity. Demonstrate thorough understanding of a subject matter and how to apply it effectively.
• Coaching: Mentor interns and junior software engineers, or contribute to
communities, user groups and open-source projects.
• Support any ad hoc tasks as required by the company.
What we look for in you:
• Proven track record: Have 1-3 years professional experience in software testing for
web and mobile applications in Agile teams. Is flexible to move between different
• Education: Have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related fields, or relevant professional-level certifications.
• Product Knowledge: User of CoinGecko products and demonstrates some
understanding in finance, blockchain or cryptocurrencies.
• Software Testing Knowledge: Thorough knowledge of software quality assurance
methodologies. Is familiar with advanced software testing techniques such as BVA and equivalence partitioning.
• Organization & Attention to Detail: Reviews technical documents to develop
comprehensive test plans early in the development phase. Strong written skills in
• People Skills: Communicates clearly and have experience working with other
individuals in a team towards achieving a common goal.
• Leadership: Self-motivated and works independently with minimal supervision.
Contributes to existing projects & workflows to improve team productivity.
• Scope of Work: Work mostly on clearly defined and scoped individual features or
problems of moderate scope independently within guidelines set. Make reliable
estimates on time and complexity of your own work.
• Problem-Solving: Passionate about solving problems faced by stakeholders with
strong user empathy.
• Nice to have:
- Have experience writing code for test automation in Java or Python.
- Keen interest in decentralized technologies and its applications including
Some of the perks while at CoinGecko:
• Remote Work Flexibility: Work wherever you feel most productive.
• Flexible Working Hours: No 9-5 structure, work the hours you need to get your tasks done.
• Comprehensive Insurance Coverage: We provide life, medical, and critical illness insurance.
• Equity: You'll be entitled to virtual options, with terms and conditions.
• Transport Allowance: You will be given a monthly fixed allowance to ease the cost of travelling.
• Flexible Claim Allowance: You will be allocated a quarterly budget of RM1,800 / SGD1,200 to subsidise your meals and setup your work-from-home station.
• Learning Allowance: You will be allocated an annual budget of USD500 to help you continuously learn in the pursuit of your professional and personal development.
• Social Activity Allowance: Want to set a date to watch a movie or play futsal with your colleagues? Get it organised and we subsidize a portion of the cost.
CoinGecko is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Interested? Hit the apply button to get started on your application!